Wednesday, February 4, 2015

From Head to Tummy: A Book Review

So we have already established the fact that I am behind on my book reviews.  Behind even on blogging, as it is.  But there is no excuse for my slacking on doing this review, especially since the author is a beloved friend of mine from my high school days.

Haley Hatch Freeman wrote a book some years ago about her struggle and overcoming anorexia.  It was an amazing eye-opener and so gripping that I read it in one sitting.  You can see my review here.  Recently, Haley has published a new book, a picture book for children and a guide for parents to teach their daughters about having a healthy body image. The book is called From Head to Tummy.
Now, having 3 boys, I don't know squat about raising little girls.  Even though I was one once upon a time and I have a sister.... life, social, and media pressure these days is like it never was before!  It's crazy!

I think this book ROCKS!  And I'm not just saying that because I love Haley to pieces, but I really think this book can make a huge difference in many young lives.

So if you have a little girl, you NEED this book!  You can purchase one here. Or you can check out Haley's website for more information.



-Cat

1 comment:

Haley Freeman said...

Thanks for the awesome review and kind words! Thanks for sharing my book. I hope this book becomes a tool in parent's hands and I know it can make a difference.