Saturday, May 10, 2014

Getting Our Run On!

Since we will be moving smack in the middle of the summer this year, I will NOT be hosting the summer challenge.  I know that many of you will be REALLY disappointed because it was SO fun last year!  But I don't want that to stop you from getting out and getting fit or fitter!  And most of all having some serious fitness fun!

We started our summer running this year already, and are having a blast!

Ben and the older two kicked it off with their first color run:
They had so much fun, we are already planning their next 5K.  They would love to try at 10K, but Ben and I are sure, there is no way those little legs can go that far yet... We will reevaluate the situation at the end of the summer... and then MAYBE... just maybe....

I have been trying to find some local races I can participate in.  But so far, they are either on Sunday (I don't run on Sundays -- personal choice), or on a Saturday that Ben has training... Boo!  So I have had to settle on signing up for a few virtual races.  Which is fine... just not the same, if you know what I mean.  I signed up for a 5 miler to bring on Mother's Day.  All proceeds went to the Ronald McDonald House.  I was cool with running on my own for charity.  And they sent me this medal so large, I was a little embarrassed to take the picture... But I did my five miles, AND beat my goal time that I was running for... Go me!
And seriously, who doesn't want a medal with Tinker Bell on it??

No matter how silly you may think you look, (trust me, these days I look pretty silly running around with Jake in the stroller.  And just silly in general -- see pic above!) get out and get your run on... or whatever you choose to do.  Summer just isn't summer without fitness fun included!!
As for me, I am pumping myself for a 10K Ben and I are going to run for Memorial Day... proceeds go to the Wounded Warriors... can't think of anything more appropriate way to celebrate that day.

Get out and work it!

-Cat

2 comments:

Kayli Sue said...

I am so sad to hear about the Fitness Challenge. My husband was going to team up with me...maybe I won't tell him it's not officially happening :)

Shan B. said...

Oh bummer!!! But that's not going to stop me this summer. I'm definitely more motivated this year than last. I started my walking/jogging again in February so I should be ok on my own...good luck to you on your move & congratulations!! On everything!!