Monday, December 23, 2013

Attention: This is a Family Blog

If you didn't get what kind of blog this is solely by the header, then you probably don't belong here.

Lately, for some reason, my blog has been getting a lot of attention from the military community, positive AND negative.  Positive people and comments are ALWAYS welcome.  As for the negative, your opinion is always welcome, but I ask that you be polite and refrain from foul language.  I don't blog about controversial topics because I don't like the contention they cause and I want people to feel comfortable here, always.  I blog about my life and my experiences.  I blog about being a wife, mom, the military and things that I learn and experience along the way.

I have my opinions, that's true, but doesn't everyone?

I don't hate people and I don't spread hate.

I aim to make people smile.

If you don't like my blog, leave.  Don't come back.  If my pictures of my family offend you, go away. If you are coward enough to post mean comments as "anonymous" I will delete them.  And if you bash or rip on my children or my husband, I will delete them too.  And if you respectfully disagree, that is fine, but if you go all verbal Rambo on my religion, political, or Twilight views -- I will again, delete you.  You opinion declared in anger and ignorance is invalid to me.

I have one post that is particularly ticking people off these days.  It is one of my most popular posts, but I may just have to take it off because I can't stand people bashing my soldier in uniform any more. Yes, my husband is an officer.  Yes, he EARNED certain awards.  Yes, he has the right to wear what he has earned.  If you take issue with that, get lost.  This is NOT a forum for jerks to come and take out their issues with the Army or with Officers.  You don't know me.  You don't my husband.

Because of this, I am taking off the anonymous comment feature.  I had it on before so my friends could enter my giveaways.  But it is being abused by cowards... and I call them that because they don't have the nerve to post their names and face with their ignorant comments, so off it goes.

I hope my regular readers will excuse this post, I normally post uplifting things, but this week has been rough in the comment attacks.

Much thanks to my regular readers for your love and support.

-Cat


3 comments:

The Carpenters said...

Sorry you are having to go through all of this Cat. Unfortunately haters are going to hate!

Eva & Danny Larsen said...

Sorry there are so many jerks out there. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!

Jordan said...

I'm sorry to hear people are giving you a hard time. For what it's worth, I've always found your blog to be a welcome and uplifting read. May you and your family have a very merry and peaceful Christmas.