Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Breaking the Mold and Redefining

Many of my Facebook friends are hiding from me... you know when you post something and no one "likes" it because they are afraid that by showing support I am going to misunderstand that as something else.

Guys, I know.

And it's okay to show support because, hey, I need it!  And I am not going to misconstrue your good intentions, jump on your case, and chance losing a friendship.  No way!  And you know me better than that.... come on.

Most of you who have been reading my blog this last week, know I have embarked on yet another journey.  I have had the chance of a life time to help kick start an AMAZING Jewelry business.  Sure, I would love to have you sell Mialisia with me, that would be so cool, and yes, I would love for you to host a party or two... or three for me, but your friendship is more important to me than money and that's not going to change. Not ever.

I am fully dedicated to inform you, but NOT to push you.  NEVER to push you.

I lost a potential friend once because of something like this.  She invited me to lunch with her.  I was so excited because we had just moved into a new neighborhood and I hadn't had any friends.  But when I showed up, all she wanted to do was sell me her vitamins, and when I said no... like 20 times... she couldn't wait to get rid of me.

It hurt a lot.  And I think that is one of the reasons that I swore I would never do one of these businesses.  But guys, this is really cool, and it is a great chance for me to help start paying off student loans and some of the other debt we have accrued over the last few years.  And the change to do that, to really help my family and not have to sacrifice my time with them or put my kids in day care, means the world to me.

If I have to break the sales lady mold in every way, I will do it.  I want people to host parties and buy the jewelry because they want to, not because I am sitting there pressuring them to do something they don't want or can't afford.   Buyers remorse sucks.  I don't want my friends to feel that way.  I don't want to feel that way!

So, I am bound and determined to redefine the meaning of cool sales ladies who are no-pressure friends.  I am here and I will sell and party with you, but never pressure, and NEVER trick you.  It's okay to say "no" to me, my best friends do it all the time and I am cool with it (just say it nice like "No, Thanks"... I tend to take "Hell No!" a little more personal.... if you know what I mean).

I just want you to know that it's okay to like my new page.  It's okay to like my FB status' that talk about Mialisia.  I will take it as "Good for you!  I support you 100% friend with no strings attached!"  I'm cool that way, you know.  [In fact, I haven't even sent out invites for it -- I didn't want anyone to feel obligated or pressured (but I might just suck it up and send some anyway).  I want you to like it because you like me... and cool, adjustable, well-made jewelry!]

And if you still have misgivings, that's okay, I love you still!

Thanks for all your love and support!

-Cat

PS It's not too late to still sign up for the challenge!!  You have until the second week of June!  For more information AND an update about Kid Teams, click here!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah I hope that my friends know me well enough to know that I am not going to pressure, just inform. I am not a saleswoman.. never will be. But yes I sent out invites... it took a lot for me to do it.. but if I don't quit being afraid of what everyone else is going to think of me.. I will never get anywhere.. ever. I am glad that you weren't afraid to tell me about it. I don't care if I get invites from my friends for their pages. We all have to do something to get people's attention. If I lose friends over an opportunity I am trying for myself.. that i happen to let people know about...that would be really sad.

Cat said...

You are probably right, I should just suck it up and send out some invites. They can ignore it if they want or give me support right?

Lydia said...

A friend of mine took on the same mentality as yours when she entered into the Mary Kay business. I think those ladies probably have the biggest stigma on being pushy. But, she was bound and determined to NOT be that way! She has stuck to her true self and remained sweet and every way. And guess what? She has become very successful because of it and just keeps getting higher in the business! People enjoy buying from her because she doesn't push them into it. When they say "no," she says it's okay, gives them free samples, and then leaves it at that. She and I are still wonderful friends, because she doesn't ever bring her business into our friendship. When we go out for coffee, it's to chat about our kids and life, not Mary Kay. She (of course) knows I know that that's what she does, and she knows that if I ever need anything I will tell her. So, it IS possible to not be the typical sales lady mold and to be successful! :)