Friday, April 26, 2013

Today, I Might Just Die

It would be the perfect ending to such a fabulous week!  Don't you think?

About a month or so ago, the ROTC announced that they were going to do a fund raiser in the form of an Army Challenge.  Basically a boot camp for civilians to get a little taste of the joys of Army... and to show off their skills vs. ours.

I thought I had better do it to support the program and my Ben.

I also thought I could get a team of the other wives/fiances/girlfriends together to do it.  I mean who wouldn't want to make a fool out of themselves to show support for their loved one, right?  So I posted the invite, made calls, begged and bribed... and... nothing.  I got the epic snub.  One kind of said she would then backed out.  I was totally put out.  I HAD to have a team of 3-5 to do it.  I couldn't do it on my own.  I was royally bummed that I wasn't able to do it.

Then I got invited to a party put on by one of Ben's instructor's wife.  I knew she was really active, so I asked her.  She hadn't heard about it, and wanted to go for it!  Her friends were all for it too!  So within a couple minutes I had my team!  Woo Hoo!

So here's what we are going to do:

Description: Your team of three to five friends will be given a map and need to accomplish the following eight events, that will be timed, in any order you want: (1) Bowie Knife throw; (2) litter carry; (3) buddy carry; (4) ruck march; (5) tire flip/low crawl/grenade toss; (6) one-rope bridge crossing; (7) five-gallon water-can carry; (8) slip 'n slide.Teams who wear face paint will have a five-minute deduction from their total time of the race.

So, I HAVE been training for a marathon, and done some cross, but my knife throwing skills and rope bridge crossing ones are a little rusty.  I'm not a super fast runner, but I am strong and have excellent endurance skills.  Hopefully, I will make it.... But then again, I might just die.

So I have my face paint, gloves, inhaler, and good attitude and I am ready to give it all and make my hubby proud!

So here I am in all my Army Wife Army Strong Pride:
Wish me luck!!  I am going to need it!!
-Cat

2 comments:

Ech and Will said...

Good luck!

Heidi said...

Cat you're so awesome! PS You look really cute too!