Monday, April 8, 2013

Countdown 'Til Daddy Comes Home: A Book Review

Since April is the month of the military child, I was asked to do a book review just for kids.  Truthfully, though, I, as an adult, thoroughly enjoyed it!  I am a big HUGE fan of the kiddo's genre and have no shame in admitting that curling up with a kid or two in my arms and reading a picture book brings me a lot of joy.

Countdown 'Til Daddy Comes Home, by Kristin Ayyer, is a perfect book for kids of the military who are anxiously awaiting the return of Dad or in many cases Mom.  It follows of the daily life of a little boy and what he does to pass the time and keep his daddy in his heart.

As a parent, my favorite part of the book is the end where the author gives tips on how to help your children with deployment.  Chances are if you have a spouse in the military, it's going to happen sooner or later.  I like to be prepared, so the tips were just my cup of cocoa.

For more information about this great book, here is where you can hook up with one:

Their Official website is here!
Amazon
twitter
facebook 

And you can check out a sneak peek on their video found here!

-Cat

No comments: