Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thankful

Things have been a little crazy this last week with the holiday and all.  As you can tell, I roped in some guest posts to keep the blog a bit updated.  And truth is, I have started about 10 different posts, decided I didn't know where I was going, saved them, and decided to post them later... which never happened.

There has been so much on my mind lately that I just don't know where to start.  Seems like everything makes me cry (no, I am not pregnant, just very empathetic), and I can hardly read Facebook updates, watch or listen to the news, or pull up to the gas pump without shedding a tear or two.

But aside from all the bad news out there, there are many good and great things too -- it's just that sometimes they are harder to find among all the garbage.

This season of gratitude has gotten me thinking a lot.  Not about the things I don't have, but the simple and great things that I do.

I am so grateful that we have a nice, clean place to live.  I am thankful that we have found a way that I can stay home and raise the boys... it wasn't easy, and MANY sacrifices of material goods had to be made, but the boys were worth it!  I am thankful for the fantastic school that Sam and Nephi go to.  I just can't believe how well they are learning there, and how happy they are... not including the incident this week where Sam was instigating other children to pick fights with him... LONG story, so not going there tonight.
I am thankful for the food we have.  That we have warm water and a heater and AC.  I am grateful for this wonderful country we live in, I love it so dearly.

I feel so blessed that I have 3 healthy boys to be a mother to.  They may be pills most of the time -- but they keep life interesting and I wouldn't take them any other way!

I am deeply and madly in love with my husband of almost 8 years.  Wow, time flies!  Then again, I feel like we have been together forever.  It's hard to imagine that I lived most of my life without him in it... I didn't really start living until we were together.  I am so proud of him, and all his hard work and sacrifices for this family, and our country.

And I think more than anything, I am thankful for my faith and religion.  Without it, I would feel lost, alone, and I wouldn't have the amazing blessings in my life that I do.  I know that.  I owe everything to a loving Father in Heaven.  Because of Him, I have hope, faith, direction, and an amazing eternity with my family to look forward to.

No words in the English language can describe the gratitude and love in my heart for all the blessings in my life.  EVEN those horrible trials that come my way quite often.  Without the hard times, there wouldn't be the best times!  I would NOT be the person that I am today, and I kinda like myself.  I am looking forward to being the person I really want to be someday.

I think this Holiday season is the best time to show our gratitude and love for others.  We SHOULD do it all year long, but Christmas time gives a great excuse.  I don't know about you, but I plan to show my love for others by doing many acts of service.  I don't think there is a better feeling in the world than to know you made someone's day.

Merry Christmas Season everyone!!  May the giving spirit be sent your way!!

-Cat

Do you have some fun service plans this season??

PS:  The winner of the Teddy Bear still hasn't claimed their prize!!  Click here to see if it was you!

1 comment:

This LDS Military Wife said...

I am in a bloggy slump as well! Do you want to guest post on my blog? Lol...but seriously!