Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tomorrow!!

It has been the longest 8 weeks of my life!  Words can not express the joy I feel that tomorrow my dear husband will be home safe and sound.  Life is always better when he is around to share it with... even the bad things don't seem as bad.

Times have been really tough, and I'm not talking just vehicles breaking down, crazy sicknesses, but stuff like not getting paid... hardly at all.  It is like extreme stress to the max when you can't pay your bills and you are just sitting there waiting for money that isn't coming.  It's hard when your husband is doing trainings that are designed for single people with no kids... they pay them that way.  While they feel they are rolling in the dough, we are crying because it's not even enough to pay half the rent!

It's hard and frustrating to feel like you are doing all you can to raise your family and do the right things and good things are hard to come your way.  I have to remind myself, that I can't control these events.  Life isn't always going to be fair.  AND I have always have a choice as to how I react to my trials.  I choose to have a good attitude and muster all the hope and faith that my skinnier body (lol) has and will everything to turn out alright.

It always does... eventually.

So today is the day where I get all the wash done, clean up the house really good, get all the dishes done, and have everything ready for the big homecoming!  I am so NOT going to sleep tonight!

Meanwhile, poor little Nephi has the stomach flu, and Jake is being totally whiny and obnoxious... Sam is being surprisingly helpful.  But we will still manage to get done the things we need doing.

Yay for homecomings!  Hopefully, I will get a few pictures!  Everyone have a great day, and don't forget to pop over and vote for us!  The blog right behind us is catching up quick....

Thanks for all your love and support!

-Cat
You can vote once a day!

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Yay! So excited for you! I was wondering when he'd get to come home. :)

Anonymous said...

So you have written a few times that pay is late or not coming.....is this a typical thing. Can you please go into more detail about this problem and why it is happening and how often and how you fix it, because looking into joining the military this is VERY concerning and terrifying like you said. You can email me if you don't want to go into it here @ Kelbel1980@hotmail.com. I also understand that you will be very preoccupied the next few days so no pressure Thank you
Kelly Gish

Ana said...

Yay for homecoming! We've never done ROTC so I have no idea how pay works for that, but I did want to assure you that we've had very few pay problems during more than ten years of active duty. They happen, so it's good to have a savings account, but that would be true of anything! But, it should get better, really!

Joslin said...

Yay homecomings are the best! So happy for you and your family!

Crissy said...

Hi There! I am a new GFC follower from Army Tankers Wife. Please stop by and visit me www.armytankerswife.com.