Monday, July 30, 2012

A Better Attitude

I try really hard not complain ... too much.  But sometimes, life just really has a way of biting you in inconvenient places.  Things have been tough with Ben gone.  Car troubles.  Pay check issues. Asthma flareups.  Mounting bills that can't be paid.  Kids that won't stop fighting.  And just plain missing my man so badly it hurts.

I admit, it has been a real struggle for me to keep a good attitude about things.  Having hope and faith that everything will work out is tough when it just doesn't seem to be coming true.

Last night, I had a really good cry out.  So good, it flared my asthma up and gave me a uncomfortable session of coughing my lungs out.  But hey, it was worth it just to let all the stress and worry out in a good old fashioned cry session.  Today, when I woke up, even with swollen eyes, I felt better.  I looked myself in the mirror and said, "Cat, you are doing the best you can.  This garbage that is happening are things that are out of your control.  Remember, you always have a choice on how you are going to deal with it.  Come out weaker, bitter, and angry, or suck it up, get a better attitude and KNOW that karma will come your way and things will start looking up.  You need to get over this!"

Yeah, so I talk to myself.  When Ben is gone, who else is going to give me a great pep talk?

So, I resolved to have more hope and faith that things will look up.  I will cross my fingers and my toes that Ben's money will come through on the first (Wed) so I can pay the bills.  Meanwhile, I will pray, smile, be the best person I can be.... and take care of my kids and support my hardworking hubby.

If you totally want to make my day, by the way, pop on over to the Circle of Mom's blogs and vote for us!  I never ask you guys for much, you know that, and getting on this top blog list really opens a lot of doors for this Nutshell.  You can vote every day, and it seems like I am moving down the list again.  So if you like me even a little, PLEASE vote!

Note:  You don't even need to sign up for anything.  Just find my blog on the list and click the thumbs up button! 


Thanks everyone for your support!

-Cat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I voted for you yesterday and I tried to vote for you today and it wouldn't let me. Do I have to wait 24 hrs or have I used up all my voting for you?. I hope things get better.

Kelly Gish

Cat said...

You are right, Kelly, you do have to wait 24 hours. THANK YOU so much for your votes!!! It really does mean a lot to me!