Saturday, May 19, 2012

Jumping Back On!

The weight loss bandwagon that is!

You may remember when I looked like this:

Me in 2010 at 190 lbs

And if you have been around for longer, you may even remember when I looked like this:
Me in 2009 at 280 lbs

I wish I could say I still look like that fabulous girl on the top, but I will tell you, that last pregnancy was hard on me.  My body really likes to pack on the pounds when pregnant, so this last time wasn't any different.  Because of thyroid issues, genetics, painful sciatic nerves, and some bad food choices (Hey, I admit it!) I gained around 60 pounds.  I have been really ashamed to admit it.  After all the hard work to get it off in the first place, only to gain a huge chuck of it back... well, it was shameful and embarrassing.
Me a couple months after I had the baby at 250
This last year, I haven't really been totally motivated to get it off either.  Last summer I was totally pumped to do P90X and I got about 10 lbs off but I just couldn't seem to get past that.

Mostly, I stop caring so much.  I got sick of stressing about it.
Taken a month or so ago.  Not only was I looking pretty chunky, but I look super
shifty to boot!!
Then about a month ago, someone posted a picture of me at a wedding on Facebook and I was SHOCKED by how much I had "let myself go."  I was instantly motivated to get out and work harder.  There are no excuses for me.  I KNOW what works for my body now.  I KNOW how to get in shape and get the weight off -- I just have to do it.

That first picture of me up there, I was 190 pounds... That is my first goal to reach.  So here's the moment of truth.  In these last 3 weeks, since I started eating right and running, I have lost 11 pounds.  Yay!  Which means, oh how this pains me to admit it, 30 pounds to go to get to that 190.  I know I can do it!  Then after I get there, I need to lose 30 more pounds to get to the ideal weight for my body type and height.  That's a total of 60 pounds to go.  My BIG goal is to get that off by the end of the year.  I know that if I work out, eat right, and don't cheat, that is a very possible goal for me... and I can look smoking hot for Christmas!  Wouldn't that be fun?!

So I am going to bring back "Fat Butt Friday" starting next week.  I invite anyone to join me in this journey... it's hard to do it alone.  I am hoping the Summer Challenge will help me to at least reach that first weight loss goal by the end of the summer.  Besides, I have a couple pairs of "skinny pants" still in my drawer just begging to be worn!  Wouldn't want to disappoint!

-Cat

10 comments:

trooppetrie said...

i have a secret and it is killing me to not blog about it. my husband deployed in febuary and I lost 38 pounds since then. Oviously people around me know but i am not facebooking or blogging it because I want to surprise my husband. He will be home in October.

Ariana said...

I'm really excited for the Summer Challenge, too! Congrats on losing 11 pounds already. You've been working hard.

Carrie and Karl said...

Troppetrie- good job, that's awesome!
Cat- I am trying hard to get the motivation to lose weight. Unfortunately the best way for me to lose weight is to not eat sugar, and I have a huge addiction to it. I'm going on walks, and gearing up for your challenge, hopefully I can get some weight off. My hubby and I have an agreement that when I get down 20 lbs from where I'm at now, we can have a baby. So hopefully that will be by the middle of the summer.

Shan B. said...

Thanks for the motivation!! I am having a pity party in my head today so I needed to hear your words today...I too have baby weight to get off!!! I've been walking again & can't wait to pick up the pace & run again. I'm kinda scared...how dumb is that...anyway guess I should go sign up for the challenge now :) Thanks Cat...I haven't been around for a while & am thinking I need to get back to the blogs!!!

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Cat- You have motivated me to lose weight. I loved your Fat Butt Friday posts. I've lost 90 lbs so far! Thanks for the motivation! It kinda came down to if she could do it I could do it too. You are already on your way- You CAN do it again!

trooppetrie- Awesome Job! How fun to surprise your hubby!

Cynthia said...

I regained the weight I lost too. It's depressing. I need to lose plenty but now that I work 30 hours a week, it's even harder! I am tempted to beat myself up but I know that won't help. It is what it is. Yeah for Fat Butt Friday! I need it!

Lydia said...

Cat, we can do it and yes it sucks, babies put the weight on me too i lost it all after baby number 5 but baby 6 turns 4 at the end of the summer and I still have 25 lbs to go. yes I have lost 75 but over 4 years. I have been recording what I eat everyday this year and am down 15-20 lbs. I am excited for your summer chalenge and 60 day extreme that I am doing with my hubby. we can do it!!!

muscle building proteins said...

I read your story. It is usual happen so you don't worry . take natural muscle building supplement to reform your real body.

WhisperingWriter said...

Good luck!! You can do it!

WhisperingWriter said...

And I have to say, I LOVE the stuff in your Etsy store. Too cute!