Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dance Class and Other News

I have been up to my elbows in projects these days.  I don't know about you, but I really like to keep busy.  I tend to do stupid things, like trying to fix stuff I shouldn't and end up making it worse, when I get bored.

So here's a quick update of what we are up to these days.

Dance Class:  a couple months ago, Sam showed some interest in dancing.  I had tried sports and karate in the past and he just didn't seem to want to do any of it!  So when I heard about this Irish dance group here in town, I took the boys over to check it out.  They LOVED it so I signed them up for over the summer.
  Aren't they just SO CUTE in their little dance clothes!

Hats:  I have a stack of hats I am working on for giveaways and to sell to the bookstore... this keeps me pretty busy and time flies when I have a good Netflix movie going.

Kindle Fire:  I finally got one!  Woo Hoo!  Amazon was running a special on refurbished ones and I had a gift certificate so I got a pretty good deal.  However, I have to fight the boys for time on it.  They are rather attached to a race car game and some game about an alligator named Swampy who really wants a bath.  I have been enjoying reading books on it and being able to check my email in the morning without having to get out of bed... This is also a great bribe to get the kids dressed and in the car: "Whoever gets dressed, gets their socks and shoes on, gets in the car and puts their seat belt on, gets to play the kindle in the car!!" It has been AMAZING to see them hurry!!

I have a bigger kitchen:  It's been 4 long years of not having counter space that now in my new place, I day dream about all the yummy food I have room to cook now!  I have been baking all sorts of yummy food!!  Including this FAMOUS fruit bar recipe that my mother-in-law gave me:

1/2 c. butter (I used salted)1/2 c. brown sugar1 egg1 package of White Cake Mix1 c. crushed cornflakes1 can of any type of pie filling (I have used apple and strawberry and both are yum! -- but I would like to try raspberry) (You can also use jam if you want)Cool Whip (optional)
Spray some Pam in a 9 x 13 cake or baking pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add egg. Then add the cake mix and cornflakes. Set aside 1 1/2 c of the mixture. Press the remaining dough into the pan. Spread the pie filling over the dough and then sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 c of dough on the top.
Bake for 30 min.
Let cool some before serving. (Optional: add cool whip on top before serving -- also yummy with vanilla ice cream)
That's it! Super easy and quick to throw together!

The normal stuff:  running the kids around town, working on my run times, helping with homework, cleaning and doing laundry... between this and everything else I seem to keep myself from breaking stuff!  Which makes Ben a very happy guy.

-Cat

PS Don't forget to check out my summer challenge this summer!  Click on the link to the right for more information.  We already have quite the group!  I am super excited!

3 comments:

Sandi said...

IRISH DANCING!! Oh I LOVE to Irish dance. I hope your boys stick with it, it's a blast and a great exercise.

Trista Laborn said...

Stopping by to say hi from one military spouse to another! Im your newest follower! You can follow back at: tristascreations.blogspot.com or silkspacreations.blogspot.com! Thanx!

Ariana said...

Your boys are so cute together! That's awesome that they both love dance!