Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cat's 2012 Summer Fitness Challenge!!

I hope you are one of those people who are as excited about this as I am!  I love, love, LOVE the summer challenges!!  Now, back for the 3rd summer is Cat's Summer Fitness Challenge!

Photobucket
This year I am going to change things up a bit.  Don't worry, for those of you who like the 120 mile challenge, things pretty much can stay the same.  What I want to do is add 2 more levels to the challengers who want to take on a bigger load.

So dust off those running shoes!  Here is the 411 on the NEW Summer Challenge:

120 Mile Challenge:  This is going to be the Bronze Challenge.  For those of you who just want to get out this summer and get active.

170 Mile Challenge:  This it the Silver Challenge, for our seasoned challengers who want to step it up from last year, push a little harder.

220 Mile Challenge:  The Gold Challenge!  This is for the over achievers who are especially training for races who get in several miles per day.

Rules and Information:

Starts: June 1st
Ends: Aug 31st

Goal: Exercise 120, 170, or 220 miles in 3 months!!


Rules:  You can walk, run, elliptical, bike, or Swim (NEW this year) to count your miles.  HOWEVER, since it is easier and faster to BIKE, you can only count 1 mile for every 3 miles you bike.  So say you do 6 miles on your stationary bike, you can only count 2 of those miles toward your goal. And Swimming can be a little more time consuming and it's a full body workout, so for every 1/2 mile swam you can count it as 1 mile toward your goal.

Miles only count if they are consecutively earned.  So you can't just strap on your pedometer and count your steps throughout the day and say you walked 10 miles or whatever.  This is a challenge!  That means you can only count miles when you set out to burn fat and calories and get in shape!

ANYONE can join!

This is not a contest.  Just a challenge for YOU!  Something to get you off your butt this summer, to do something good for your body.

What's in it for you?  Well, not only will you get in shape, meet fitness goals, and feel good about yourself, BUT you will also have a chance to win some prizes!

How to Join:  Just email me at nutsinanutshell(at)gmail(dot)com, your name and give me the name you would like to be called on your updates, your email address, and your blog address if you have one that you would like linked to your stats (optional).  If you have any questions, please make sure you read through this whole post... and if you still can't find your answer then PLEASE email me!  I tend to forget stuff once in a while....

How this Works:  Every Thursday you will report your miles to me at my email address above.  I will send out reminders too (If I remember).  Then on Friday I will post how everyone is doing.  That's it!!

And feel free to grab a button for your blog if you have one:





You have until June 7th to join the challenge, so email me ASAP!!!!
Sponsors:  I am also looking for sponsors to help me with prizes and in return you get some free advertising.  So if you, or any one you know would like to help me out here, email me!  I will be sponsoring this myself by doing some gift certs for my hats and maybe even a hat or two themselves.

Can't wait to hear from you!!

-Cat

9 comments:

Wendy said...

I think I'm in this summer!! I have some major baby weight to get off.

Lydia said...

I like the extra levels. I'm ready to start.

Carrie and Karl said...

I'm in!

Heidi said...

Yea!! So excited for the challenge this year. I can actually participate fully now I'm not prego this summer. :) Wohoo! :) :) :)

fitness for women said...

hi, Really it is great chance. Thanks for your information.
people should know that how to maintain their body by natural body building methods.

The Carpenters said...

Cat you are amazing! I'm totally in! I also want to sponsor in some way. I will figure that out and then get back to you though.

The Carpenters said...

I made a tracking sheet for the whole summer if anyone is interested in using it. I am printing it off and am just going to hand write my numbers it to keep me motivated. I can send it to you if you think anyone would want to use it.

penny said...

I so want to be part of this challenge I know I'm late but can be included please

Cat said...

Penny -- Yes! Just send me an email with your info and I will put you on my list!