Friday, April 20, 2012

Me Vs. The Garage

Okay, so it has been over 4 years since I had to park in garage.  And before that... never.  Ever since before I started driving my parents didn't park in a garage until after I married and was gone.  So I am feeling like I am having to learn this all over again.

I swear my garage is possessed and the evil spirit that dwells there REALLY doesn't like me.  I am pretty sure, if anything, it has to do with jealously... I did get some kick butt new shoes.

Anyway...

We had been moved in for about 3 days and if you aren't familiar with garage doors, they be temperamental and give you attitude once in a while.  There is this emergency thing hanging down in the middle in case the power goes out, you can pull the string and it pulls the garage door off it's tracks so you can open the door manually.

Well, since I have such a good relationship with my garage door, the little emergency string thing decided to go get pizza with me and the boys and tried to hitch a ride by getting caught in the top of the back door of the mini van.  I seriously thought I was under attack when I pulled out of the garage heard a big bangish-crack sound and all the sudden the garage door slammed onto the top of the van.  My first instinct was to blame the boys... it is so easy to blame them for my blond moments these days.

But when I popped out of the van and discovered what had happened,  I thought I had broken it and we would have to pay for a new garage door!!

Luckily, I didn't do any PERMANENT damage and the maintenance guy was able to fix it all up good.  He even tied the stupid string thing up so it couldn't ruin my day again.

Then a few days ago, just as I thought I was finally getting the hang of things, I was backing out in a huff (just had had a disagreement with Ben) and the garage took off the passenger-side mirror.

Yeah, that warning on the bottom about objects being closer... SO TRUE!

Luckily, Ben was able to find a new one without much trouble and get me hooked back up.  Hopefully, it won't take me much longer to get the hang of the whole garage thing.  I mean, it's SOOOO worth the trouble! Right?

Have an accident free day!

-Cat

1 comment:

*Katie* said...

o my... kinda funny! glad nothing was too serious tho!