Friday, March 9, 2012

Have I Mentioned..?

That we are moving?

Yep, it's true!  This Nutshell is just too small for our growing boys and we found a nice little affordable townhouse closer to Sam's school.

I, of course, could not be happier about it!  These cinder block walls have been closing in on me for the last few years and during the winter months I feel like I am living in a prison.  Four years here is more than enough, thank you very much.

As I have been packing up our stuff and sorting things out, I can't help but think about all the things I am so NOT going to miss!

Parking here is a joke.  There are a few spaces out front, but they are always taken.  I usually find myself parking across the lane and having to usher all my kids to safety before or after the shuttle bus zips by us.

I am so not going to miss having to roll my dishwasher up to the sink to use it.  I admit that having one at all is a bonus, because most people here don't have one.  So on that point, I am thankful.

I have long forgotten what it was like to have a garbage disposal.

Not going to miss the fact that I had to break out my husbands hammer drill to put a picture on the wall.

I can not wait to have a kitchen table again!!  Somewhere where we can all eat as a family!!  Right now, we have a little table for two and have to take turns.

What I am going to miss... ummm... let me think for a second.  Oh, yeah.  I am going to miss my great neighbors and my ward (church group) in this area.  I will miss my buddies at the local gas station that I have gotten to know over the last 4 years when I pop in for my soda fix.  I will miss being so close to the school, but that's a sacrifice I am willing to make for a garage.

I am looking forward to living closer to the "other" gas station that has crushed ice and the best Diet Pepsi in the valley.  I am excited for the boys to have a private backyard and their own rooms -- bedtime is going to be so much easier!

I am also thrilled to death for the new adventure and meeting new friends!  I know I can be a little socially awkward sometimes, but I am hoping to find new friends that take to characters like me.  Since Ben is going to be gone to training this summer, it will be nice to have some neighbors who know us and can help... IF I need it.

All and all, I think this nutty family is ready for a new chapter and many more great adventures!

-Cat

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Have a great move!

Damaris said...

Good luck with the move! We didn't have a dishwasher or a disposal while we were there, and now that we have both I must say that if I had to choose, I would probably choose the disposal. I'm excited for you and I hope you love your new place!

Carrie and Karl said...

So excited for you!Good luck with finding great new friends!

Ruth said...

I am a little jealous about your move! :) How I wish we were to the day that a bigger place was in reach, some day though! That is the goal. I hope for good things for your wonderful family! Good friends will find you!

Nicole said...

Good luck with your move!

Lorri said...

Oh moving is so much fun! not.... good luck with it. Love ya lots, LoLo