Monday, January 16, 2012

Skype and Military Families

First off, I just want everyone to know that I have recovered from my little episode the other day of being negative.  I was WAY over emotional about everything, and after sitting down and really thinking about what my problem was, I realized that it was the effects of my antibiotics... EVERY time I finish antibiotic treatments, for some weird reason my hormones get wacky and every little thing makes me cry.  I hate it.  It takes about a week to get back to my normal self, and now I am... normal that is... as normal as I get anyway.

Moving on...

I recently got an email from SuperTintin.com.  If you have no idea what or who that is, you're not alone.  I had no idea until I got the email.  They are a company that makes software that allows you to record conversations on Skype (for more information see their website).  Sounds and looks pretty cool to me!!

What they want to do, is donate 100 of this programs to families who have loved ones deployed through several blogs.  Well, they contacted me and want to get away 5 to some of my readers.

I have been thinking about how I want to do this, and this is what I want to do: since I have no idea who has deployed loved ones, I am going to take nominations instead of "entries" then I will draw out five names and they will win.

Nominations don't have to be readers of this blog.  If you have a friend or family member out there that you think would LOVE to have this because their husband is deployed, go ahead and nominate them.  To nominate someone: all you have to do is email me (nutsinanutshell(at)gmail(dot)com) and say, "I would like to nominate so-n-so for the SuperTintin giveaway"  If you want to tell me a little about them too, that would be great.  ALSO, you can nominate yourself too.... don't be scared, just do it!

I would like to get this going pretty quick so the families can have their prizes before Valentine's Day.  So I will take nominations up until Sunday night.

I would appreciate it if you would spread the word and maybe send this link to people you may know that could benefit from this.

Thanks!

-Cat

2 comments:

trooppetrie said...

i need to post this same thing this evening, I keep forgeting. Are you still doing military Monday. I posted it on my blog before checking.

Cat said...

Yeah, I am still doing Military Monday... when I get time! LOL. I will be posting another post later today about it, so check back in a couple hours. I just needed to get this up because I keep forgetting! I swear, I don't know where my brain has been these last few weeks....