Saturday, January 28, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me....


*Due to popular demand and Ben threatening me with a birthday-back-rub cancellation, I am re-posting this post... I only made one small change, and I refuse to take out my "offending" statement, because that would be changing who I am... and I don't play that game. -Cat

Murphy's Law when it comes to the military is: there will ALWAYS be a drill or training or something like that, on your birthday.  Just accept it, know it will happen... it will save you lots of grief.  And your wedding anniversary?  Yeah, he will probably miss that too.

But it's not all that bad...

Ben may be off poppin' willies (or "wheelies", depending on where you're from) in a tank, but I am having pizza for breakfast.... THEN I am taking the boys somewhere yummy to have lunch and I am not even for one second going to worry or even THINK about the calories I am consuming.  Calories don't count on your birthday -- everyone knows that!

Then MAYBE I will take the boys somewhere fun.... I don't know where yet, but I am sure I will think of something as I am eating my yummy lunch.

Ben says he is going to try to drive up tonight so he can take me out for an hour or so.... but it will probably be too late for movie.  Which isn't so bad considering I looked at the show-time lists and saw NOTHING that would be worth spending $7 a person on.  Why do all the good movies only come out in the summer and at Christmas?  The rest of the year is just stupid stuff....

What else am I going to do?  I don't know.... I would really like a birthday afternoon nap, but with Ben gone... that is SO not happening.  I will have to mention that tonight as something I missed out on and maybe he will feel so guilty I can get a birthday back rub out of him... it's worth a try right?

Well, another year come and gone... now 31 and still living in student housing, feeling far too old to be here just about every day.  Still wishing I could make a few more friends around, but people just don't seem into that stuff these days.  Too bad.... or maybe I am just that crazy wacko lady with the 3 kids who looks way too old to still be here.

That's okay, I like being the crazy neighbor.  Gives me a mysterious air, and feeling that instead of being one of the Mormon Cookie Cutter girls walking around, I have character.

Go me!

So here's to another year!  Hopefully, a super fantastic one!!

-Cat

*PS -- Ben got off his drill early and speed home for the night to take me out to dinner -- good thing I had some babysitters on standby!!

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Happy birthday Cat!

Trina said...

Happy birthday! Hopefully you get obedient kids all day, and some chocolate!

Allison said...

Happy birthday Cat! If we lived there, I'd be your friends. I don't have too many friends where I am either.

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday!!!! :)

New Mommy Confessions said...

Happy birthday! I am a bit confused though, didn't see an offending bit anywhere in there! Anywho, have a good one and enjoy yourself!

trooppetrie said...

so glad he made it home. My oldest daughter is 11 and daddy has missed almost all of her birthdays. timing is always weird with her birthday, it makes me sad for her

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad that Ben made it home a little earlier so you could go out to dinner!

I loved your "Murphy's Law according to the military." Made me chuckle because it is definitely true.

Bella Armyknightslady said...

Happy Birthday