Friday, November 18, 2011

Feeling an Amazing Sense of Accomplishment!

I have always wanted to be a writer.  For as long as I can remember I was scribbling in a notebook and writing short stories, poems, and mini novels.  I have always dreamed of writing a novel, but can't seem to get around to do it.  One day I will, though.

As for now, I am content to blog and write my little "short stories" of real life.  So far it has kept my writing bug in check.

However, I have recently taken my writing skills to a whole new level.  And this time it has nothing to do with telling stories.  I started to write out patterns for my hat designs.  I have to say, that this whole new venture has made me EXTREMELY nervous!  Talk about stepping out of my comfort zone!  I don't even have a year experience in crocheting, so I feel very intimidated by the whole prospect of writing out one of my designs and selling it.

So for the last couple months I have been filling up a notebook of pattern steps.  Every time I crochet something, I have that notebook and pencil next to me to make sure I take some notes.  But then when it came to organizing all my little notes and type it up with pictures, I freaked out a little inside.  It took everything I had to sit down and do it.  I don't know why, but there was something in me that was so scared to do this that I literally had to force myself to do it!!

So I am pleased as pie, and excited as heck, to announce the completion of two of my patterns!!!


Sizes: Newborn, Baby and Toddler (Child/Adult coming soon!)

and


Sizes: Newborn, Baby and Toddler (Child/Adult coming soon!)

I feel this amazing sense of accomplishment!  I may not be a novelist, but I have written something!!

Please stop by my new crochet blog and look around.  Heidi and I made a goal to get 50 followers by the end of the year and would love your support.  When we reach that goal, we will have a major giveaway with some of our favorite designs, so help us get there and spread the word!

-Cat

2 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Oh goodness I have lots of catching up to do! I think I'm in love with your hat model!!!

Ms. Tami G said...

Cat~ I have been reading your blog for nearly a year now. I love that you and I have a lot in common. I think your hats are adorable. I may even try my hand at making one... Although I only know on crochet stitch! Anyway, I wish you luck on meeting your goal, I am heading over to follow your new blog!