Monday, November 28, 2011

15 Minutes of Fame... Sort Of...

I can't believe what a slacker I have been on this blog this last week!  Mainly, it has to do with the holiday, traveling and limited internet access.  I hope that everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving!  I know we did!  We went down to the warmer end of Utah and spent the holiday with the family.  It was nice to escape the snow for a while.

And speaking of snow...

We got the first major snow dump up here a couple weeks ago and even though it was terrible to be out in, it was gorgeous from my kitchen window.

My neighbor upstairs took a picture out her window and posted it on Facebook... and I was tempted to go out and get my point of view from the first floor, but I decided not to until I saw that the local news station, here in Utah, was asking for pictures of the snow.  So I grabbed my camera and popped outside to take a few shots.  I took like 50 from different angles, but choose these two to email ksl.com:


Not five minutes after I sent it in, I looked on ksl.com and the second picture above was posted on their front page!

I felt a little famous.

But more so, when I had friends from all over Utah tell me they saw my pictures on the news.  Bummed that I missed it... but feeling pretty cool that they were!

So that was my brush with fame....  Did you ever have one of those??

-Cat



2 comments:

kisatrtle said...

You're pics are beautiful!

Morhia said...

Love, Love, Love these pictures! I am so excited when I see great pictures such as these. I just finally bought my DSLR. I only have the lens that came with it and hope to soon buy another one. What lens did you use?