Saturday, October 15, 2011

In Need of Some Advice

I know I haven't been on top of my blogging this week.  I got a bunch of hat orders in and along with everything else going on, life has been pretty busy this week.

Here's some good news.  I met one of the moms of Nephi's friend at school.  She has a super popular craft blog and offered to do a trade:  A couple of my hats for some advertising space.  I am pretty thrilled about this, because I have never tried advertising on other blogs.  So I made a cute little button and she posted it up.  Here's her blog, click here!

One of the pieces of advice she gave me to make more money, was to write up some of my designs and sell them as patterns for the do-it-yourself'ers.  I am a little scared about this, because I haven't even been crocheting for a year... and making patterns... seems a little scary!

Think I should go for it??

If I do, what designs would you like to see in patterns??  (Here is my site if you want to take a look at what I have right now, also I have a bunch of unlisted ones posted on my facebook page here)

Thanks friends!!

-Cat

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I think that's a great idea! At the very least you could do one or two and test the waters. You can ask for feedback too. :) I would pick one cute newborn one and an adult one. Like the puppy or owl, whatever you think people would like to buy. Adults you could do the ear warmer and then one of the hats with a flower. Just some options. :) You can do it! You did a good job telling me how to do the ponchos when we made them oh so long ago. :)

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Your hats are adorable. I think you should go for it too. Maybe pick your most popular hat, though I'm partial to the sock money hat. :)

Cynthia said...

You really have nothing to lose by trying the pattern thing. I say do the sock monkey hat- love that one!