Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Choosing Happiness

 I have truly come to understand and believe that happiness is a choice that we make.  There is nothing in this whole world that can take that away from you if you stand strong and hold firm to that choice.  I think everyone would agree that there are so many hard things in life, it's like this major roller coaster with constant ups and downs and twirls and loops.  It can at times be hard, confusing, painful, to name a few.  And sometimes you just sit down and cry... and in my case, blow your nose and cry some more.

No amount of money can buy happiness, as the celebrities out there have shown us.  Some of the happiest people in the world live in stick houses with dirt floors.

Depression is something that runs strong out there.  I am sure that many of us have suffered some form or another of it, either mild, serious, or even the baby blues or in some cases PMS.  Sometimes, we can't help it... sometimes it's hormonal or some horrible thing happened in our lives that makes it feel like you can't go on sometimes.

I learned a long time ago, that my happiness is a choice I have to make.  I have to live my life in a way that I can't let the bad things get to me, tear me down.  I can't let people hurt me, even if I care about them.  I can't let things into my life that make me feel down or of less worth.  Life is short and I plan to fill every moment with happiness and make every day count!!

I choose to be happy, and guess what? I am!  There is so much to be grateful for, so many blessings in my life, and very little worth my time to feel sad about.  Life is great and I am going to embrace it with both arms (and maybe even both legs)!

-Cat

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You go girl!! Luv ya!!