Friday, September 9, 2011

Zodiac Adventures

Yesterday, the ROTC had a Zodiac Lab.  If you are like me and think that a zodiac is a star chart that somehow tells our future, then here is a picture of what a zodiac is to the military:

Families were invited to come watch the show, followed by a yummy dinner thing afterwards.  My sister-in-law is visiting us for the week, so I took her along for the ride.  I thought it might be fun for her to see what Ben does up close.

So after dropping the Tweedles off at school, we took the baby and headed out the reservoir to show our support.  I whipped out my new camera and practiced shooting it off.  I have still yet to master focusing on the right objects, but I took so many pictures that a few turned out pretty good.
Of course I couldn't resist taking a few pictures of this little cutie!

We hung around and watched the soldiers load up the zodiacs, paddle out into the lake, then they all jumped out into the water, climbed back in, and rowed back.  Then, basically, rinse and repeat.  It was pretty fun.  My only regret was that I missed Ben's turn!  I had to take off to go pick up the boys from school and bring them back for the BBQ.  BUT my talented sister-in-law took up the mantle of photographer and snapped some great shots of my handsome man.





Too bad the boys had school, they would have really liked to see Daddy on the big boats.  Oh well.  At least we got there in time for the super big snow cones, that for some reason or another I forgot to get a picture of!  Bummer.  Oh, well.


Photobucket

No comments: