Saturday, July 23, 2011

I Can Touch My Toes! Well, Almost...

As of yesterday, we have been doing P90X for a week.  One week down, almost more to go.  We are feeling pretty pleased with ourselves.  It's been amazing to feel the difference in our bodies even just after 7 days.  Yesterday, we weighed just for the record, Ben lost 3 pounds and I am the same, BUT my pants are looser, I have more energy, feel stronger, and I can NOT believe how flexible I am getting.  I haven't been able to touch my toes in like 10 years, then BAM after one week of stretches, workouts, yoga, etc, I can do it again -- well, almost... my fingertips can brush the tips!  If I can do this after a week, I can't imagine what I will be able to do after the 90 days.

P90X isn't for everyone.  I have gotten several emails and comments left on here from people who didn't like it.  Mainly, I think they didn't stick to it.  For some it may get boring... and I don't blame them -- I thought I would die of boredom from the 90 min Yoga session.  Yoga isn't and will never be my thing, but I have to give it some credit for helping me with my flexibility.  Some don't like doing the nutrition plan.  I really, REALLY think it is important to do the two together, and stick to the program for the maximum results.  Mostly, it takes a good attitude, commitment, and in my case a good buddy!  I don't know if I could do it without Ben doing it with me.  If he was deployed or something, I would be able to, but if he was hanging out here lurking and eating junk it would be really hard!  But we are in this for the long haul (at least 90 days) and doing it together... kind of like a P90X tango.  All and all, I haven't heard from anyone who did it exactly like it was designed that didn't like it.  So we'll see....

Anyway...

Ben and I have been trying to wake up early before the kids get up so we can do our workouts in peace.  But lately we have been up all night with this little guy:
(His little cheek is just so swollen!  He wakes up every few hours in the night to get more medicine it hurts so bad)  But the last few days we have been too tired to wake up early and have to do our work outs around the kiddos.  It's been a bit of an adventure, but the kids have really liked doing some workouts with us.  At least parts of them... when it gets too hard they poop out and go play with their toys.
I wish I could get Sam to keep his clothes on.  For some odd reason he thinks he has to be in his underwear to exercise.

Sam thinks Tony Horton is hilarious... he gets a lot of his jokes, I don't know if that is a good or bad thing.  But the boys think he is something pretty cool because I catch them doing "Tony" moves around the house:
I think it is good for them to see their parents working out.  Hopefully, it will make an impression on them that if you want to be healthy, exercise is important.  Now, if I could only get Sam to eat healthy, we would be on the right track!

Now, on to week two!  As Mr. Horton would say, "Bring it!"

Photobucket

No comments: