Saturday, May 28, 2011

"Your Future Demands Greatness"


Ever since I started reaching out and connecting with the military life out there in the big world, I receive many emails every day relating in one way or another to the military.  Whether or not it is to support the troops by buying a t-shirt or advertising this new kind of sugar that they are going to start putting in MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat), or even doing a book review or two.   As much as I would love to post everything about the military and supporting the soldiers that I get wind of, I am only one person with a little blog, a husband gone most of the time and 3 rambunctious little boys.  And as much as I would LOVE to, I just can't do it all.

But there are somethings I never say no to.  And doing book reviews is one of those things.  So naturally, I was thrilled when I got an email from Jacob Roecker, author of a new book called:  Your Future Demands Greatness asking me if I wanted to do a review.  I jumped at the chance!


Your Future Demands Greatness is the first in a coming series of 3 books.  Although the book isn't long, it took me a couple weeks to read it. Mainly because it was so good and deep, that I could only read a few pages a night.  I had to take some time to soak it all in and really think about the message the book gives.

Your Future Demands Greatness is a book about a father whose son joins the Army.  Through letters from the father to the son as he enters Basic Training and on until just before his first deployment, we get taken along on an amazing journey.  This is the first book I have ever read that I can't help but feel that it isn't fiction, that it is actually real.  It is so full of love, wisdom, and little stories that you feel like it has to be based on true letters and father who really does love his son so much that he would spend that time to write him and council him at that part in his life.  Very well written and I think it's a book that everyone who is even remotely connected to military life or would like to know more about it should read.

My husband read most of the book with me, but I got impatient and finished it on my own.  He even hid it from me at one point when he had drill with his unit so I couldn't read it without him.  But I know all his hiding places... no that was not an evil laugh you just heard!  All in your imagination...

Anyway, I fully plan on ordering a few more copies of this book for Christmas presents for my family.  Maybe I can even get the author to sign them for me... hint, hint.

I promise you, this book will not disappoint you one bit.  You will be surprised how quickly you will be sucked in, how often you will laugh, and how shocked you will be to find tears rolling down your cheeks and your heart touched.  It's more than just a book, the characters almost feel like family.  I can't wait until the next one comes out!

Meanwhile, one of my lucky readers is going to get a copy of Your Future Demands Greatness.  Woo Hoo! Here's what you have to do:

Mandatory:  Check out the website for Your Future Demands Greatness:  Click here!  Then come back and leave a comment.

For additional entries (optional)  you can do one or more (or all if you want).  Just remember to leave a SEPARATE comment for each entry:

1.  Get one of the Your Future Demands Greatness buttons and post it on your blog (sidebar or post is fine).
2.  Mention this giveaway on your blog.
3.  Mention this giveaway on Facebook.
4.  Mention this giveaway on Twitter.
5.  LIKE Your Future Demands Greatness (A Solider's Inheritance) on Facebook.

There are many ways you can enter and win this book.  You can enter until next Friday, June 3rd at 11:59 pm.  Winner will be announced Saturday night (I will be out of town that morning).  So go!  Right now!  Go check it out!  You won't be disappointed.  I promise!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Cat:

Thanks for the review. I will be in Logan Utah later this month and am likely to do a book signing at the North Logan Library.

Your autographed copy will be free.

Thank you.

-Jacob F. Roecker
http://libertyhawk.net

Anika and Sean said...

I checked out the site and must say I'm very interested in this book. I always love finding a good book to read.

Anika and Sean said...

I have also "liked" the facebook page. :)

Anonymous said...

Great review! Thanks so much for posting this. I love reading military books and this one sounds right up my alley. I can't wait to read the entire series!

Shelly H.

Anonymous said...

Also liked the Facebook page!!

Shelly H.

Mandy said...

Hi! I looked at the site and I am really interested in the book. I just got married in November and mt husband deployed a few weeks ago. It is my second deployment experience with him and it isn't any easier. I'd love a book to read that I can relate to and that would help pass the time. Thanks!