Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The 'Stache

My dear husband was THRILLED when he discovered that mustaches were allowed in the Army if they followed certain guidelines:

Mustaches are permitted; if worn, males will keep mustaches neatly trimmed, tapered, and tidy. Mustaches will not present a chopped off or bushy appearance, and no portion of the mustache will cover the upper lip line or extend sideways beyond a vertical line drawn upward from the corners of the mouth. Handlebar mustaches, goatees, and beards are not authorized. If appropriate medical authority prescribes beard growth, the length required for medical treatment must be specified. For example, “The length of the beard will not exceed 1/4 inch.” Soldiers will keep the growth trimmed to the level specified by appropriate medical authority, but they are not authorized to shape the growth into goatees, or “Fu Manchu” or handlebar mustaches.


He claims, when teased, that he is not devastated he can't do the "Fu Manchu" -- but I know he secretly is...

Ben is a big fan of hair in general.  You may remember these days:
All right... so that's a wig.  How about now:
2008
That IS his hair!  He let me use a straightener on his normally curly hair.  Now you may notice, if you look really close that he has a mustache and goatee.  But his facial hair is so light, red actually, that you really can't see it too well in the sun.

Back in 2008
Anyway...

Ben was totally pumped to grow a 'stache again.  Here he is last week:
I thought he was looking pretty hunky.  Until his commanding officer told him that it was "the ugliest thing he had ever seen!"  At first I told him that he could always darken it with a sharpie... but he wasn't going for that.  So, me being me, I told Ben that I would help that officer take his mind of the mustache and really give him something to complain about!
Unfortunately, Ben doesn't have my sense of humor.  He promptly shaved them both.  Party pooper.  Sigh... I guess I don't want him to get in trouble... okay, maybe a little bit wouldn't be too bad.  He's so straight laced that a little "bad boy" would be welcome.


Photobucket

1 comment:

It's Something Beautiful said...

Haha love the last picture. Totally made me crack up :)