Friday, May 6, 2011

Fat Butt Friday: Back to the Gym!


That's right!  Fat Butt Friday is back with a vengeance!  I am going to get this baby weight off plus the last 30 pounds I wanted off as well BEFORE I got pregnant.  The baby set me back a bit, but I am NOT giving up!  Wanna join me?  Just find my button on the side, snag it, and use it on Fridays!  Come back here and leave us a link to to site with your weight loss update.  Can't wait to hear from you!

Anyway...

Last night was my official day back at the gym since my OB/GYN gave me the big okay to start working out again.  I wanted to go back last week, but since this is finals week, Ben wasn't home so I couldn't get away.

It was great.

But you know you have been gone to long when you go back and there is a whole new wing completed and in use.  It was weird!  As I was heading back to the locker room there is this hallway by the drinking fountain that I could have SWORN wasn't there a few months ago... and I was right.  They added a circuit training room while I was gone.  How cool is that?  I'll have to give it a go next time!

The treadmill kicked my post-preggie butt big time.  It had been a while since I had all this flab, and it will take me a while, I guess, to get it back off.  Oh the sacrifices we make to bring children into this world... do you think we ever get the appreciation we deserve?  (I guess I will see on Sunday and if Ben picked up on my Mother's Day wants BIG HINTS...  including last night when I hinted like this:  "For Mother's Day I really want an MP3 player.  Hint. Hint!")

After feeling a little down after the treadmill and elliptical, I drug myself over to the weights.  I was pleasantly surprised that I actually kicked butt on all the leg workouts and torso-twist!  I guess carrying around a big belly for a few months really pays off muscle-wise.  I couldn't believe how strong my legs had gotten!  Cool.

I have about 35 pounds I have to lose to get back to my pre-pregnant weight and I would love to have them off by the end of the summer.  They say it takes 9 months to a year to get them all off, but I think that if I work really hard, eat super right, and stick to it, I may get it off!  Well, we will just have to see huh?

By the way, for those interested I am going to do the mile challenge again this year for the summer.  So stay tuned for more information later this week.  I am also going to look for sponsors again as well.


Photobucket
Oh and please vote for me!  Even you already have, you can vote once everyday!  Here is the link:  http://www.circleofmoms.com/blogger/5-nuts-nutshell#_

Thanks!!!

2 comments:

Cammy said...

Yay, I loved the mile challenge! A great incentive to keep me moving over the summer (Especially since I told my little bro I would do a Sprint Triathlon with him the end of the summer) Gulp!

Lydia said...

I am so looking forward to another challenge. Thanks for doing them.