Monday, May 2, 2011

Characters and Other Adventures

So it's been a while since I posted something more on the personal side...

Sorry about that.

Things have been a little crazy around here.  New baby, spring cleaning, out of town visitors, finals, etc.  You know how it is.  Stress.  And not a whole lot of internet time...

I will tell you, the hardest thing about having 3 kids is transporting them around.  Going to the store... the stuff nightmares are made of.  All I can say is, thank heaven for Smith's Marketplace and their little daycare -- even if they do call me over the intercom every 15 min for potty time.  So worth the few minutes of peace I get!

Is it just me, or is it hard to get all your needs in one shopping trip due to the limited space in your shopping cart when you have baby carrier!  I see lots of mom's with slings, but my little guy doesn't like those and I hate waking him up to stick him in one.  What do you do?

On another note:  my oldest two are going through this "I am THE winner!" phase.  Everything has suddenly become some major competition.  Whether or not it's who finishes their food first, who can run around the sand box the fastest, or even who can pee the quickest... there MUST be a winner!  And then they fight about it, followed by tantrums, screaming, crying, and then come the flying fists and band aids.

Good grief!

And for crying out loud, stay out the kitchen!!!  Why won't they listen to me!  I can't seem to keep them out of the knife drawer, fridge or cupboards.  Just now I was called away from my computer to clean up baby formula they got into and spilled it on the floor.  There are no child locks, safety gates, high places or anything else that can keep my boys out of trouble.  It's beyond frustrating.

I hate using my mean voice... but I'll tell you, my limits are pushed... often.

Not to mention, I almost forget what a good shower feels like.  Every time I get a minute to pop in, I do it in a rush full of anxiety for what the boys might do while I am in there... and for good reason too!

And how the heck do they keep finding the scissors!!  Sam gave Nephi a haircut this week, so Ben shaved them both:  Nephi to fix the cut, and Sam because he was the perp.

Motherhood is tough.

But let's not forget all the good times that make the hard times easier to bear, and the best times even better!  I am the mother of two of the goofiest kids I know!  And let me tell you, not a day goes by that they don't make me laugh.
Nephi the Superhero...

"What's that taste in my mouth!?"

Find Sammy!

Coloring Eggs


Homemade roller skates
It's times like these I really wanna bean bag...
video
Above, Nephi demonstrates the Army crawl.  He is really into "Army Guy Stuff," he calls it.

And then I can go on and on about funny things that they say... but I won't.  Not today.   Well, I am off to get ready for the day.  I have to mentally prep for what this day will bring, because in the Nutshell, one never knows what's going to happen.  But one thing is certain:  I am the winner!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Jill said...

Not to be a downer, but the competition thing never ends. My kids are 8 & 5 and it is still crazy about who was the winner. Drives me nuts.

My baby would sleep in his carrier til he was older and then we did a snugli. I never have had a sling, but I tried a friend's once & NONE of my kids liked it. So more power to those moms whose kids do like it. Just wasn't for us.

And yes, fitting all the stuff in the cart with 3 kids is next to impossible. It got better once my baby could just sit in the front rather than in the carrier.

I hear ya on the shower. So hear ya!