Saturday, April 2, 2011

Too Tired to Think!

So, I am a big slacker when it comes to blogging these days.

Having 3 kids and husband that is gone most of time is wearing me out.  These last few days I have been walking around like a zombie.  I need a nap.

There really isn't much to report.  The kids are doing fine.  The baby will be fine if I can get him back to his birth weight... he lost a pound and it has been a real struggle to get it back on him.  He did hit a milestone today and had his first diaper blow-out... that was a real joy to clean up -- but how could I be mad at that cute little face!  Besides, when they are this small, poopies really aren't that bad.

I have to watch the baby like a hawk these days because Sam seems to think he needs to prove his "super strength" by picking up the baby and carrying him around.  He puts one hand under the baby's back and the other under his knees and carries him around like an offering.  First off, he lets the head dangle which nearly puts me in a coma, and second off, Baby Jake is so wiggly all he has to do is move a little and fly out of Sam's hands.  So far it hasn't come to this... and it is my mission to make sure it doesn't!

But he sure does love his baby brother:

(And before you ask me where his shirt is, let me just say:  Sam is going through a phase right now where it is really hard to get him to keep his clothes on...)

Nephi is finally warming up to the little guy.  I even managed to get him to hold him for a few pictures.


Love my boys!


Photobucket

5 comments:

Carrie and Karl said...

We have a rule that you can't pick someone else up if they are taller than your bellybutton.it has worked wonders. Sounds like you're adapting well. Keep it up!

Lindsey said...

Don't worry about the naked thing with Sam, it's totally normal! My little brother used to disrobe at church when he was that age and I think he still strips down completely when he has to poop (a la George Costanza).
Also, you'll get into your groove with 3 kiddos pretty soon....it's all about finding the new normal and going with the flow! I'm hoping I will be this patient when I get to adjust to #4 in September!

MommyJo said...

I'm a little nervous about Ty adapting to not being the youngest anymore too! Good Luck! I'm glad Sammy is loving him and hopefully Nephi will come around a little bit more! :)
**Ty went through a stripping stage too... it was crazy... he'd do it in front of the entire family and cousins back in Virginia... too funny... glad he outgrew it though! ;)

Jill said...

Yes, Mommy Jo, Ty did go through a stripping stage. Mason went through one as well, but on the bottom not the top. So, for Sam, be glad it is just his shirt. ;)

Hang in there.... the first 4 months are the hardest. It gets easier from there.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

I totally know how you feel, yet you really ARE super mom because you are still blogging amidst your sleep deprivation!!!