Friday, March 4, 2011

Imminent Induction...

Well, I guess the long wait is almost finally over!

I went to my OB/GYN appointment yesterday and after taking one look at me my doctor said that we should probably have this baby sooner rather than later.  I had gained a major amount of water weight this week to the point that I don't think my poor skin can stretch any further.  My blood pressure shot up.  No protein in the you-know-what... but I was measuring 42 weeks along and my poor body just can't do this any more.

Then again, maybe she noticed how I was falling out of my maternity clothes and took pity on me...

Anyway, unless this baby decided to come in the next couple days on its own, I am scheduled for an induction come Monday.  Which happens to be the first day of spring break... so Ben will be back from his drill (comes home Sunday night) and won't have to worry about school for another week.  All in all it works out for everyone.

However, I am scared to death!

I had a horrible experience with induction with Nephi.  Mostly because he was posterior (face-up) and my epidural didn't work.  It was the worst pain of my life and I felt that dying would have hurt less!  I couldn't and still can't imagine someone living through something like that!  But I did... and I am really scared that I am going to have to go through it again.

But I don't know... I guess things can go very much different this time.  Let's hope so.  At any rate, the baby will come and we can get on with our lives and I can finally have my body back to myself!  Woo Hoo!

I will post pictures of the newbie pea-nut when he comes!  Wish me luck!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Good luck!! You'll do great! Ask Ben to give you a blessing Sunday night when he gets home!! XOXO. Can't wait to see pictures!!

Ruth said...

Good luck!

Lydia said...

I know Inductions can be scary. I have had 6. Good luck holding my little one after makes it all worth it.

Damaris said...

I'm so excited for you! Good luck.

Marisa said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

Cammy said...

Oh Kat,
With my second I had a pretty rough induction so I was a bit nervous when I had to be induced with my third but I will tell you it was the best delivery ever. The epidural worked just right, the baby came super quick and my recovery was super fast. let's hope three is a charm for you. Oh and I hope those protein counts stay down. Good Luck!

Samantha @ three birds on a branch said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see a picture of your new baby!

Jill said...

Who is your dr?
Good luck. I've been induced all 3 times due to hypertension. But I also ended up with 3 c-sections.
I'll be thinking about you on Monday.

Amanda said...

I'll be praying for you. My little guy came on Tuesday...induction as well. It was more painful, but took half of the time. Just one of those things.
Good Luck!

Shan B. said...

Good Luck!! Hope it is an "uneventful" delivery which means I hope it's easy peasy!! Man how time flies when I'm not on the computer at every waking hour :)

Heather said...

good luck and congratulations hope your labor and delievery goes better this time