Thursday, February 24, 2011

Low Riding

I can't help but wonder how low this baby can possibly go, literally, until it falls out on the floor!  I feel like I am swinging him between my knees!  Okay, so I may be exagerating a bit, but I tell you, walking has never been so hard to do and I feel like I need some kind of super duct tape to hold my hip joints together -- even my support belts aren't cutting it.

So what do I do?

Sit around all day on my yoga ball.

What else can I do?

All the pregnancy stuff I read about "lightening" and dropping down babies say that for first time moms this can happen a couple weeks before the baby comes, but for second, third, or more times moms it is uncommon for it to happen before the onset of labor.  So as usual, I don't fit the mold.  Great.  I never went through lightening with my first two until I went into labor... so my luck that things would go different this time.

Oh well.  What can a girl do?

Well, I will tell you what I am doing.  Trying to relax.  I mean, really trying to relax!  I read something last night that said a woman could keep herself from going into labor by just being stressed.  Well, I am about as tight-wined as they come!  Mostly because I have two little squirts who won't stop fighting and screaming in this nutshell of an apartment and a husband who is gone most of the time.  I have also been stressing that I would go into labor when Ben was at one of his trainings... things that I might be able to handle on a normal day, but when super pregnant, hormonal, tired and waiting for a baby to come desperately.... well, it's just hard to keep my cool sometimes.

I need to take a chill pill.  And that is what I am doing.

Today I have my appointment with the doc.  So we'll see what's going on and what she wants to do.  I really, really, REALLY don't want to be induced but... peeing is becoming a major Olympic sport, I can't keep my pants on... no joke, they keep rolling off!  And last night I almost had to sleep in the bathtub because I couldn't get out!

Only a few weeks to go... I can do this!

Photobucket
As the belly drops.... A time line:
Two weeks ago (above)
One week ago (baby started to drop above)
Baby got a lot lower...
This last picture was taken yesterday... when I first saw it, I thought, "Woo Hoo!  I look skinnier!" Then I felt little elbows in my hip bones and realized it wasn't worth it... just get that baby out!

3 comments:

Anika and Sean said...

Hang in there! Sometimes pregnancy is miserable... as I'm experiencing right now... only because I never seem to be able to sleep and I'm only 4 months along. I don't know how I'm going to survive until 9 months.

I hope everything goes okay with the delivery and that Ben can be there with you.

Mama Nut said...

I didn't know you were expecting!!! Congrats!!!

Amanda said...

Haha! Yep, mine dropped last week...waiting for more dilation and we should be done in a few days. I remember thinking how much skinnier I looked and loved it, until he dropped onto a nerve the next day and I literally could not walk for 4 hours.

The worst part? The pillows aren't comfortable anymore- just when we had bedtime down to a science!