Friday, January 7, 2011

Highlight of my Day!

I sold my first hat!!  Woo hoo!

(doing dance of joy... well more like a pretty good attempt at the pregnant woman jig.)

The first bit of money we make is going to new supplies for the coming baby.  It's amazing how hard 2 boys can be on baby stuff!  We need a new crib/ or pack and play and a car seat.  I can't believe how much more they cost now, than they did 6 years ago!  Good grief inflation stinks!

And it seems like all the safety features are updated, so the seat we used for Sam is outdated and not as safe anymore.  Then there is all the cool new stuff out there that they didn't have when my oldest two were little.  It's a whole new world, and I can't believe it after only being like 3 1/2 years since I had my last baby.

Not to mention that it's about time they got super cute outfits for the little guys!  It always seemed like the boys clothes were a little on the boring side, and then you had the baby girl section that had SO MUCH to look at and such sweet things.  Then back to the boys with their footsie jammies, little overalls or jeans, and some funny t-shirts that said stuff like:
"I'm Definitely up to Something!"
or this:
"I tried to be good, but I got bored!"
It was nice not to have a lot of choices, I guess, sometimes.  Because NOW there are so many cute things out there I have a hard time choosing!

Like this outfit:

Okay, I know I have posted this picture before, I just REALLY like this outfit!  And guess what?!  Now, it's mine!  Shannon at My Baby Clothes Boutique sent this to me for the new bambino coming in March.  I was so thrilled when it came in the mail, that for the first time, I REALLY wanted this baby to come soon just so I can put him in this little camo suit!  I was really impressed with the quality as well.  The fabric is soft and it comes in this cute little box that folds out.  My Baby Clothes Boutique has some great stuff, you should totally check it out!

Meanwhile, I am really pleased with myself because I designed my own patterns for animal hats for newborns!  I can hardly contain my excitement when I think about how well it all worked out... I am so not bragging... okay maybe a little... but you know how we all get when we figure out how to accomplish something really cool.  Well, that's how I am feeling.  So here are two of the little animal hats I made last night:
Puppy Hat
Kitty Hat
I couldn't find a pattern I liked, so I found some pictures of other hats and took what I liked from them and then put them together in my own way.  It's kind of fun.  It makes me feel useful and helpful to my family.

Have a great day everyone!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Shannon Henrici www.mybabyclothesboutique.com said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hats!!!!! I am a knitter and just love handmade things. Love that it ties underneath, because my little menace can get a hat off like Houdini!!!

Where do you sell your hats? I want one for my little girl.

Thank you for the comments about our clothes! I can't wait to see your little man in his camo!!!!

Hilarious Homemaker said...

I love the hats! They are sooo cute! Pretty brave of you to make up a pattern after only a few weeks experience...obviously you've got the hang of it!

Just in case you didn't know, there are also some awesome step-by-step crochet videos on youtube. They have some pretty cute ideas for boys.

Hilarious Homemaker said...

btw, I know what you mean about the boy clothes. My hubby is so sick of me ranting and raving about how hard it is to find nice boy clothes... all of the stores seem to think that boys should wear jogging suits and sweat pants 24/7.

Have you ever been to The Children's Place? When you have coupons you can get some screaming deals...my recent discovery and obsession.

Forgive me if I'm rambling...it's the whole "I'm pregnant-your pregnant... We both have boys" connection thing. I just totally relate to you. I'm shutting up now. haha