Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hard Times Fall on Good People

These last few months our little family has had lots of trials thrown at us from every direction.  We go through the phases:  Shock, crying for a few hours, then the anger at the unfairness in injustice of it all, then at this point we have a choice.  We can either continue to be bitter and angry, OR we can rise above it, think of the positive things, have faith that it may be a blessing in disguise, gain a better attitude and instead of dwelling on it, MOVE ON!

So that has been our method this month as one thing after another has hit the Nutshell family.

Yesterday we had an Atomic bomb dropped on us.

I don't want to go into details on here, but suffice it to say that we are all okay and healthy.  We still have a roof over our heads, and food in our fridge.  Christmas is going to be really tight this year, so family, neighbors, and friends don't get too offended if you don't get anything from us this year... sorry, but times are hard for all of us.

I think the most important thing to remember is to just keep our heads up, be positive, and move forward!  Everything is going to be alright and we will come out on top!  I feel GOOD change in the air for the coming New Year and can't wait!  It will be nice for something good to happen for once!

If we can just make it through this week, finals are rough, and enjoy our time together as a family, I can see a wonderful Christmas holiday in our near future!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Amy said...

Your family is in our prayers! We love you! let us know if there is anything that we can do!

Bridget said...

Good luck with everything and I hope that despite hard times you still have a wonderful Christmas break!

amonkeyslife said...

You have such a positive outlook on here that I REALLY hope you have an absolutely wonderful Christmas. I'm sure anyone who cares will understand that not every gift comes with a price tag attached :-). *hugs*

Veronica Ernest said...

This makes me think of lyrics from "Crossfire" by Brandon Flowers.

Dark Clouds roll there way over town. Heartache and pain came pouring down like hail,sleet and rain yeah they're handing it out.
And were caught up in the crossfire of heaven and hell and were searching for shelter.
Tell the devil that he can go back from where he came. Hs firey arrows drew there beat in vain. And when the hardest part is over we'll be here. And our dream will break the boundaries of our fear.

TMWW said...

Cat, I am so there in spirit and mind with you right now. I know exactly how you and yours are feeling right now.

Tre gave me a ray of hope and a smile in my heart on Tuesday with their winter concert at school. Read the lyrics to the final song of the evening here:
http://www.themadwhitewoman.com/2010/12/winter-concert-2010-at-mes.html

I think you'll agree...

Love and Blessings my friend. 2011 is going to be an awesome year for ALL of us!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Ohhhh...I'm sorry to hear things have been hard for you!! I hope they get better soon, you deserve it!!