Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Discovering Ebay

Okay, so I admit, I am totally behind the times.  Especially when it comes to stuff like "smartphones", iPods, and eBay.

I registered with eBay about a year ago and have been WAY too timid to place any bets.  I know, I can be such a chicken sometimes!  And I don't really like the outrageous shipping prices... then again, maybe I just don't get the whole eBay thing.

Then today, I placed my first ever bid.  Now I am having eBay anxiety... is this normal?  I am afraid of losing and even more afraid of winning.  I know, I am borderline crazy... maybe I can blame the pregnancy hormones like I always do?  And I thought about telling you what I was bidding on, but I am too afraid you might want the same thing and dash over and outbid me!  Okay, I really am crazy...

Breath...

Alright, I feel better now.

So, I have a question to pose to all of you eBay seasoned bettors and sellers:  What are the best tips you can give a newbie like me about eBay?



Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love love ebay. Here is my tip on buying. Unless you know that no one else is going to bid on it I suggest "watching" the item until about 5 min before the auction ends. Place your bid with only a couple min left and you will usually win the item. I only do that with popular items that I buy.
Good luck and happy bidding!!! :)

The Mom said...

I agree with Anonymous. Never, ever bid until the last few minutes. And never bid more than you are willing to pay. It is so easy to get caught up in the excitement of the bidding, so you have to be careful. Good luck!

Heidi said...

I agree. If I place a bid hours or even days before the auction ends I am just anxious the whole time because I want to know if someone outbid me. Just add the item to your watch list and check it only once a day and see how the bidding it going. If it goes to high then walk away and find another one. You can find the same thing cheaper if you are patient and wait for it to come up. Especially movies.

On bidding, if I wait and watch until a few minutes before then I can see if I won or not. I will set my maximum bid as the most I am willing to spend and if I win then I get it for the lowest bid that I beat someone else at, or I don't get it and I didn't spend a fortune more than I planned.