Thursday, November 25, 2010

So Much to be Thankful For!

Turkey in the oven!  Check!

Pumpkin Cheesecake cooling in the fridge!  Check!

Stuffing.  Check.  Potatoes. Check.  Munchies:  Veggies and dip, olives, pickles, deviled eggs!  Check!  Gravy.  Ready to make.

What more can you ask for?

Oh, yeah... the FAMILY!

Counting off...

ONE!
No, new picture of Ben, but I like this one!

TWO!
Me, complete with cold sore, braving the 6 degree weather!

THREE!
Sam, always a character, dressed himself this morning... no, we did NOT put him up to it!!

FOUR!
Nephi won't leave the house without Daddy's new hat!
...and a HALF!

Looks like everyone is here!  Let's eat!!

But first...  I just want to remember for a minute what this holiday is really about.  Being Thankful for our blessings.

I am thankful for the Nutshell.  Even though I really don't like living here, I am thankful for a warm, cozy home with a roof over our heads (well, with neighbors in between...).  I am grateful for my family:  my parents bought us a deep freezer for Christmas and we couldn't be more thrilled!  And my dear husband and boys, may drive me up the center-block walls most of the time, but I love them so much and couldn't function without them!

I am grateful for my freedom, and the right to choose.  I am grateful for my trials that I can learn and gain wisdom.  I am thankful for the beauty all around me.

I give thanks for my friends, neighbors, and loved ones.  For people who are thoughtful and kind.  A special thanks to my secret friend who left flowers on my door when times were hard, even though I have no clue who you are, it meant a lot!

And I am thankful for my sense of humor, to get me though life... even if I have to laugh at my own jokes so people know I am kidding.

I am thankful for God and the great life that he has given me and my family.

Bless all of you this special day and and a blessing of safety for tomorrow on the big shopping day of the year!



Photobucket

1 comment:

Bella said...

Happy Thanksgiving! You have a beautiful family! I put you on my blog roll.