Monday, November 29, 2010

Mystery Date Baby

So I went to my ob/gyn appointment today.  According to my due date, I am a couple days over 25 weeks along.  However, my ultra sound last months said the baby was a little smaller.  Okay, I thought, I'll just go with the flow, I just want a healthy baby.

Then this month I gained more weight than I really wanted to, and I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong...

So I was concerned I was going to get the whole "you're gaining too much too fast talk", when instead my doctor was a little confused.  She measured my belly three times to make sure... I was measuring 28 weeks!  How crazy is that?  That never happened with my first two, they were always right on size.  Did baby go through a growth spurt this month?  At least the weight gain wasn't just me!

My doctor thinks it may be a big boy... oh, great.  And I might have to be induced in a little early if he keeps growing.  Which is fine, I did that with my second.

But I really, really just want him to be healthy!

Does anyone have any stories about big babies??  My boys were both 8 pounds 8 onces.



Photobucket

7 comments:

Ruth said...

My kids weighed; 8 lbs 15oz, 8 lbs 8oz, 10 lbs 8oz, 10 lbs 4oz, and 9 lbs 2oz. With the last 3, I had gestational diabetes. My last 2 were born 2 weeks early.

Lydia said...

My smallest was 8-4 but only because they induced 3 weeks early. at 34 weeks he was measuring 37 weeks. I wish I had had that doc for the other 5 then maybe I wouldn't have had such big babies that tore me up.the rest were 8-13 to 9-8 and most overdue. All induced. I only tested pos. For gestational diabetes for #4 but I think I had it with all of them.

Jenn said...

My daughter was 7/14, but my niece was 9/3! She was a big girl :) My nephew was 8 something but my sis was induced 2 weeks early with him. My cousin has 3 boys all induced a month early because she is diabetic and they were all pushing 9lbs.

Marisa said...

My 3 girls were 8/11, 7/12, and 7/14. My son was 9 lbs (not overdue). So I assume it's a big boy thing, at least with my kids. Funny, now the girls are all off-the-charts tall, and the boy (age 8) is barely 50th percentile for height and weight.

Carrie and Karl said...

I had 3 big boys. I had gestational diabetes with my first, and he was 8lbs 7oz. Then I learned how to eat healthy when pregnant, and I gained half as much, but baby #2 was 9 lbs 12oz. #3 I gained half as much again(only 20lbs) and my baby was 10 lbs 2 oz. The last was my easiest delivery. You'll do great.

Michelle said...

Congrats on your pregnancy!

No experience with babies not measuring the same or real big babies. Mine measured right on the entire time. He was 8lb 1oz but had an easy delivery.

Good luck getting through your last trimester, almost there.

Otter Thomas said...

Hey. I haven't been here in a while, but my wife is pregnant now and it got me thinking of others I knew were pregnant. Glad that everything is going well with you. I LOVE the picture for your banner at top. Awesome.