Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Future Criminals?

Last night I was in my kitchen cooking dinner.  I usually put up the child gate in front of the kitchen entry when I am cooking because I have this paranoia that the kids will come in and pull hot stuff down on them.  Sometimes I let them come in and help me, but today I had so much on the stove and in the oven, I just couldn't worry about them too.  So up went the gate.

About 15 minutes into my routine, I heard this little voice call out to me over the gate:

"Look mommy!  I have a daddy haircut!"

First thought:  Panic.  Did they get some scissors?  Oh crap!  Have the boys finally given themselves haircuts?

I dashed over to the gate.  What I found, I wasn't expecting...

Rewind to last week...

I have been looking all over the place for some nice dress shoes to go with my formal dress for the Military Ball this weekend.  And with my extra wide feet, it's near impossible to find anything with some sort of a heal that doesn't make my feet look like bread dough rising out the top.  Sometimes, I near cry in frustration!

I finally found a pair I really liked at Shopko, of all places... and you know those little "peds" or stocking socks that they let you have to try on dress shoes?  Well, I stuffed mine in the shoe box because I couldn't find a trash, and then when I got home they got lost somewhere in the back of my closet... But my boys are explorers...

And last night... they surprised me with this:


Daddy haircuts huh?  Ben was only a little insulted... all in good fun right?


Photobucket

5 comments:

Nina said...

Absolutely hilarious!!

Ruth said...

That is funny!!!!

Heidi said...

Those boys absolutely crack me up!!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

HAHAHAHA, that is sooooooooo funny!!!

kmcaffee said...

Oh my gosh! Hilarious!! Don't you LOVE having little boys? They are so fun!

www.AboutOne.com