Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tedious, Exhausting... but OH SO Satisfying!

Two words:  Deep Cleaning.

You may have noticed I have been a MIA for the last couple days.  Well, I have been deep cleaning the house.  And I mean DEEP.  Getting down on hands and knees and cleaning corners that haven't seen the light of day for a long, LONG time.  I decided I wanted a super clean house for the coming holidays and I got tired of waiting for my Fairy Godmother to come do it for me.  So for the last few days I have been getting down and dirty (or clean, so to say) with the cleaning supplies, the mop, broom, vacuum cleaner and some funky looking sponge.

Needless to say, although I do all the work, the boys (Ben included) have been reaping all the benefits of a clean house and basking in the glory.  Typical.  But they better just watch out because this mama wants this house to STAY clean, and I refuse to clean up after everyone.  So out comes the whip... crack!

"Clean up those Legos, boys before you go to bed, please!"

* Crack! *

"Ben, but your shoes in the closet and your backpack away... please..."

* Crack! *

Moral of the story:  Clean houses make for happy mommies.  Mess them up and feel the wraith... (worse if mommy is hormonal in anyway.)

Now, I am beat tired.  But I can sit back in a clean house and feel alright about taking it easy today... after I mop the kitchen.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

My kids always love a good cleaning/de-junking day as it's more of a treasure-hunt for them!

Jill said...

There's something about when you're pregnant.... nesting? Who knows, but I found I was cleaning like crazy when I was pregnant, too.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Seriously nothing makes me more mad than when my house is dirty AND I'm pregnant! Haha! Have fun whip crackin'!