Friday, October 22, 2010

Fat Butt Friday: Blast those Pregnant Sciatic Nerves!!!

When I was getting ready to have Nephi (My #2), I had this sciatic nerve that shot down my leg and was so painful that I had to go to a chiropractor every other day just so I could walk.  I mostly attributed it to my weight issue, I was pushing 300 pounds at that point.  So this time, I was POSITIVE that it wasn't going to bother me this time.  I was running and walking and doing all sorts of stuff... then about a week ago, I was doing my work out and BAM!  Sciatic nerve comes back full force!  Now it kicks in every time I try to work out and it is really ticking me off.  What's up with that?  Does anyone know what causes it?

On to some good news, I can drink water again, so I am back on track with my water drinking and working hard on not bloating myself out... it's so easy to do when pregnant and so painful!  I have figured out, though, that if I eat a bowl of mixed berries (black berries, raspberries, and blue berries), that I lose a ton of water weight over night and feel better in the morning.  Granted I do have to make quite a few trips to El Bano during the night, but it's so worth not feeling that pregnancy water retention.

Isn't being pregnant soooooo much fun!

Pssst.... guess what?  My ultra sound is next week, and I am SO finding out what the gender is!

Photobucket

Note:  I forgot to pick a challenger of the Month... opps, I am so not on top of things these days.  We'll have on next week for sure.

(Note to challengers:  You should have 250 points by the end of this month... 1/2 the way to the 500!!)

This challenge was sponsored by:
Amanda at Baby Signs
Brandee Anderson from Scentsy

Photobucket
Tiffany Johanson from Pampered Chef
&
Please support our sponsors!!

2 comments:

Sara Richins said...

The sciatic nerve is a symptom of pregnancy. It's from the baby laying on the nerves and hitting the "right" one. Sorry it's happening to you. I really haven't heard anything that makes it go away. Well, having the baby is the only sure cure. Good luck!

Tobi said...

I can't wait to find out the gender of your baby. I'm keeping my eyes, toes and fingers crossed that you have a healthy baby. (Of the girl persuasion.) =)