Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blackhawks, Halloween Masks, and The Pillow

The best thing about this time of the year, is that there are SO many fun things going on around town and in the community.

Last week, the ROTC had a training and had a Blackhawk helicopter come land on campus.  I heard about it a few days before and planned to take my boys to go see it.  There is nothing more cool than getting to sit in a chopper and then watch it take off and then come back and land.  It was the best day ever for the boys.  And of course, they had to wear their new "Halloween" costumes for the event.



Yesterday, I went to a craft store looking for some camo fabric to make and add name tags to the boys uniforms.  I couldn't find any!  Erk.  I do know where I can though, it's just a long drive... Anyway, I did find some cheap Halloween crafts for us to do for family night last night...

Halloween Masks...


Kids never stop amazing me at their creativity.  Whereas Ben and I are confined to the lines and normal colors, the boys just do what they want to do.  Sam really wanted a blue pumpkin.  Nephi, on the other hand, really liked to mix colors and give his pumpkin some sort of white beard.  Too fun.

What kind of Halloween crafts do you like to do with your kids?

Next, on the weekend recap agenda, is the fact that "The Pillow" came.  You know which one I am talking about right?  This one here!  Problem is, between the hubby and the boys, it's hard to get some pillow time to myself!!



Now, I just really need to make a pillowcase for it so it doesn't get ruined too fast.



Photobucket

Last note:
Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to my Dad today.  He's like 100 or something like that... just kidding dad... but only a little.

Here's a little card I sent him this morning in honor of his birthday and Halloween.  I hope you get as good a laugh about it as I did!



Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

(It's staring: My dad, my mom, Sam, Nephi, and Ben)

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Those boys sure are getting your moneys worth out of the Halloween costumes. I want a pillow like that.

Amanda said...

You look a lot like your mom. Or at she looks like you in the ecard picture.

Our Family said...

I'm still waiting for the card to load. I love all the pics you've taken with your boys in their costumes! You might be able to find some old BDU's at the D.I. to use for fabric.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

LOVE all that camo!!! Your boys love their dadda, you can totally tell---so cute! And I neeeeeeeed one of those awesome pillows!!!