Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Uncensored!

The worst thing, by far, in this pregnancy, is my inability to censor my big mouth!

I literally can't help it!  Words flow out my mouth like water from a broken dam, and I can't stop them from coming.  So these last few months I have been building up this guilt for things that I have said, and it just keeps getting worse.

What does a girl do?

I tried to explain to my friend that I couldn't help what I said and I am really sorry about some of the super rude things I said to her.  I reminded her that I am not always like that... I hope she understood.  Not to mention my poor sister... who may think I've gone crazy!  And my mom doesn't seem to call as much anymore either...

Sigh.

I even have a hard time not writing about certain stuff on here.  Ben has to read over my shoulder most of the time and say, "Now are you sure that is something you want to tell the world?"  Erk!  No, not really!  Cat learn to control those fingers of yours too!

I think most people that are close to me have decided that if they really love me and want to save our relationship, they just shouldn't spend too much time with me.  Which is fine with me, because I don't want to lose friendships over these loose lips of mine.  And the biggest problem is, I don't really mean most of the things I say!  They're usually just some flitting thoughts that I have, that really aren't how I feel.

So if I tell you your husband's a loser... I swear I didn't mean it!  And I promise I will be nicer after I have this baby.  I asked my OB/GYN if there was some kind of medication I could take, and she said that if there was a pill for tact life would be good!

Bummer.

Luckily this is only temporary... right?


Photobucket
Am I the only one who has this pregnancy problem?

4 comments:

Tay said...

I tend to not talk a lot during pregnancy for this reason. I'm a lot more brave with saying the things I'm thinking, and the things I think are not usually sugar and spice and everything nice.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

You're lucky this is only your problem during pregnancy because this is an actual DISEASE I cannot get rid of!

Jill said...

It is interesting that you post this because my last pregnancy was by far the worst in this aspect. I found that I would just have to not talk for fear I would do more damage than I'd already done. I don't know what it is. Hormones?/

Becky in Wyo said...

I don't get severe Tourette's when I'm pregnant, but I do get moody and was very depressed with my last pregnancy. I just don't talk to anyone when I'm like that, kind of the opposite of what you experience. I was so glad I could take my anti-anxiety medicine after my baby Sam was born. I am doing much, much better now.