Monday, September 27, 2010

Priorities... Sometimes they just Bite!

I promised myself on Friday night that I wouldn't blog until I had the house clean... well, here I am Monday night and all I have left is the 20 loads of laundry pilled on my bed.  AH HA!  I can't and won't go to sleep now until it is all folded and put away!  So here I am breaking my rule and blogging... just a quick one, to let you know that I am not MIA, just elbow deep in dishes and cleaning to get some computer time.  BUT, my house looks fantastic!

I wanted Ben to post on Saturday about his latest military adventure.  They did an Escape and Evade training with the Air Force.  Which is basically an overnighter in the woods hiding and evading the enemy.  He doesn't seem to think my readers are interested in his War Game adventures.  I told him he had me enthralled with the retelling!  So if that stuff sounds like a good read, give him a shout out okay?

Saturday, the 4-H here gave a party for the Military Kids of our area.  It was a lot of fun, here are a few pictures:
There was this animal guy there that brought a bunch of animals for the kids to see.  He had an alligator skull he was showing the kids.  You can see my kids wearing their little ACU's there.  Notice all the other kids sitting around them.

Then he told them that he was going to bring out a dangerous animal.  So all the kids scooted away... except mine because they didn't know what he was talking about.
Turned out he was teasing and it was only a turtle.  My kids got bravery points... we didn't tell them it was only because they have limited verbal skills.

Then they got to see snakes... Big ones.
Even got to hold it!

That is a real snake, by the way, it weighed almost 200 pounds!

It was a good show!
And I have to say, I was really, REALLY impressed with the other military kids.  They were the nicest kids we had ever been around in such a large group.  There were no bullies, no fighting, no bad mouthing.  They were just really great kids.  They included my boys in all the crafts and play ground playing and actually encouraged them to play the games and get involved.  It was great!

Can't wait for the next time!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Heidi said...

That is so awesome! I'm glad the boys were included. That is such a great feeling to have your kids included in stuff and not left out. And Ben, of course we want to hear all about the war games. I've been waiting for info!!

Alicia said...

I want to hear about the war games.

I cringed when I read how much laundry you had. I HATE laundry. I would rather clean bathrooms than fold laundry. So I cringed in sympothy.

Our Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun! That is one big snake!

P.S. I want to hear about your evading capture exercise, Ben.