Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Test

Do you ever like to "test" your kids?

You know, sometimes just mess with them to see what they will say or do?  Oh, come on, I know I am not the only parent that does it!  Just admit it... even though we get older, there is still a kid inside begging to come out and be immature every once in a while -- and there is nothing like kids to bring out that side.

Today, for lunch, I was making up a Mexican-style salad (which was absolutely fabulous by the way) and I was chopping up cilantro when I came up with one of my little "tests" for the boys.  I stuck one of the pieces of cilantro to my front teeth and went into the living room to confront the boys.  I called out:  "Hey guys!!  Mommy needs a kiss!"

Both boys came running in with big smiles on their faces... until I smiled back, that is, reviling the piece of cilantro between my two front teeth.  You should have seen the look of absolute horror on Sam's face!  I should have gotten my camera ready!  Next time...  Anyway, there was no way on this planet that Sam was going to give me a kiss (even on the cheek) with that green thing in my teeth.  But he didn't run away either, he just kept staring at it like it was just too terrible NOT to look at!

Nephi, on the other hand thought I was very funny!  He started laughing and even though he couldn't stop staring at it, he still gave me a big wet kiss on the cheek!

Well, then, I thought to myself, I guess I know now which kid loves me the most!

Now, just to try it on the hubby... now that's an evil thought!


Photobucket

5 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! You're too funny, what a cute mom you are! That is awesome!

Tobi said...

Sometimes you have to make your own entertainment. I love "testing" my kids. On my daughters birthday I knew she wanted a Hello Kitty cake. But I told her the store was all out. So I had to get her a cake with a tree on it. She whined and pouted until I finally let her see the cake a few hours later. She said, " That is not a tree cake Mom. That is a Hello Kitty cake!"

Amy said...

LOL! You canptured the best facial expressions! That's awesome!

Otter Thomas said...

I had to comment because I love those pictures. Very funny. I like your test too. It sounds like it was fun.

Otter Thomas said...

I had to comment because I love those pictures. Very funny. I like your test too. It sounds like it was fun.