Monday, August 23, 2010

Feeling Helpless & Frustrated!!

This weekend started out GREAT!  Ben surprised me by coming home a whole day early from training for the weekend.  He kept it a secret until he rang the doorbell.  Nothing makes this woman melt more than her handsome husband in uniform... except that handsome husband popping over and surprising her!

So it all started out well.

We were feeling really good because Ben got all his paper work in for school and the Army.  We had paid our tuition and our grants, stipends, and kickers were set to come in to help us out... then we got the email last night. Apparently, for some unknown reason the college claimed that we did NOT pay our tuition, so they dropped all of Ben's classes and gave his spot to people on the waiting list.  They also pulled our financial aid.

Needless to tell you how livid we were... ARE!

We have receipts that say we paid up!  We worked HARD to even get the financial aid in the first place because the school screwed up our papers and we had to go to the board to get it granted.  It took a while to even get the classes that he NEEDS so he can graduate in time.

And of course, they give you the horrible news on a weekend when you can't do squat about it!

Then it isn't like Ben can go storming in there in the morning because he is still in training!  Erk!  I feel totally and completely helpless and more frustrated than I ever thought I could feel!

Right now, all we can do is pray and hope that come tomorrow he can call someone at the school and get things fixed.  I don't know how it will happen because they gave his place away already, but I just can't give up hope that it will work out for the best.

Right?

Just stay optimistic that there is a light at the end of this stupid tunnel!  (I'm just going to keep telling myself that!!!)

Photobucket

5 comments:

Shan B. said...

That's awful!! Hope you guys get it all worked out!!

Bridget said...

I'm so sorry! We certainly had our share of administrative issues at that school too - but this is a seriously bad mistake. Good luck getting everything worked out!

Marci said...

Oh my goodness Cat, what a weekend! I'll be sending prayers your way. Please keep us posted, and keep nagging them. We have had a few periods in our life like that, but they always work out for the better. Hang in there!

Cammy said...

I am so sorry! It is so hard to feel helpless in situations like this. I hope it all works out for the best. I guess what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?

tktakesphotos said...

That stinks! I really hope things work out for your family. We are all rooting for you!