Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"But it's Not Fair!!"

"Life isn't fair," My mother used to tell me... all the time.

And sometimes it isn't.

Like while I am home keeping house, chasing kids, and potty training, alone -- Ben gets to go off and do this:
(He looks just too blasted happy!  The turkey... Then again, I am not sure how I feel about him flying around in a plane that looks like it was made out of silver bubble wrap...)

And see sights like this:
And this:

How rude is that?!  I feel so left out sometimes...

Then he comes home for a few hours to sleep and pack up the car and off he goes again!  This time?  This time he gets to the Dinosaur National Monument in Vernal, UT to help look for dinosaurs with their new technology.  How uncool is that for the wifey who stays home?  I called last night to complain to my dad a little and the conversation went a bit like this:

"So Ben gets to go scan for dinosaurs and I get to stay home... again!  I know I choose to be a wife and stay-at-home mom, but I would love a little adventure too!"

"Awesome!!  Maybe Ben will find a dinosaur!!  That would be so cool!!"

"Dad!  We were talking about me!"

"But Ben gets to go find dinosaurs... that's awesome!"

Oh, just forget it.... Ben is just so much cooler than me... * cry *

Whatever, I could always go bury the kid's plastic dinos in the sandbox and then go dig them up!  Wow!  Totally cool!  It will be the highlight of my week and I will really feel in-sync with Ben!

(Did you see my eyes roll between those lines?)



Photobucket


Note to all of you who take me seriously: I am really happy for Ben, honestly, he is living his dream and all can say is: It's about time!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take your kids to Dinosaur Park in Ogden! It is fun. My kids are earning a trip there. And remember- you are not alone. I get so many wonderful moments with my kids that my husband doesn't necessarily have and those are priceless!!! Kristin

Anonymous said...

P.S. My husband has a boring job- I would love for him to have a job that is exciting and adventurous. Kristin

Jill said...

Quite the adventures Ben is going on. I'm glad he isn't gone for months at a time though. :)

We need to get together. I am coming your way at the end of the month. I'll try to give you a buzz!

Kayla Sue said...

Hi!

I LOVE your fat butt friday idea. How fun!:)

I'm a new follower and love finding all these military wives on blogger! Can't wait to read more:)

Krystal said...

Cat...I enjoy reading every.single.one of your posts!! You always know how to make me laugh!!! And I totally hear (read) yourself in me...I get a bit jealous when hubby gets to go do fun adventurous stuff for work...and I have to stay home!!! As much as I am happy for him (as you are) I STILL wish I could do something cool too!! LOL!!! But being a stay-at-home mommy is rewarding too...sigh...and sometimes very adventurous...you know like this whole potty training thing!!!!

Amy said...

Yes, definitely caught the eye roll! Isn't that how it is though!