Wednesday, June 16, 2010

As the Play-Doh World Turns...

Yesterday, it was such a beautiful sunny day that I thought it would be great fun to take the play-doh outside for a change.  Of course, I had ulterior motives... like easier clean up, but that didn't phase the boys who thought I was being awesome.

As I sat in my lawn chair and watched the boys play, I realized quickly that they had some sort of story plot going on.  So I nonchalantly scooted my chair over closer, turned on my camera phone, sat back and enjoyed the show.

Meet the Dragon Family:  Mommy Dragon is the long one and the two baby dragons are laying on the couch watching a movie (big green blob in front) while eating snacks (little green pea things by the couch).
Now, Mommy Dragon is pretty much the main character of this show.  She keeps walking in front of the movie the baby dragons are watching.  Every so often she stops and does a little dance, which really makes the baby dragons mad.  At this point I started to wonder if this was based on a true story....

Now one of the baby dragons decides it's time to go bye in the blue car.  So Baby Dragon #1 goes to pick up his friend Baby Pickle.  Hmmm... a dragon and a pickle... what an odd combo...
Now, apparently, Baby Pickle is a bit of a rebel, and he likes to get the baby dragons into trouble.  They go on a few adventures together that can only end in disaster!  However, as much as I didn't appove of Baby Pickle, he did have a redeeming quality...

You guessed it!  Baby pickle is potty trained.  Nephi made it quite clear, several times in fact, that Baby Pickle not only went pee-pee in the potty, but that he was a pro going numero dos as well.  In this, Baby Pickle was a very good example to the baby dragons who were very reluctant to try it out.

However, as much fun as going on the potty was.  Baby Pickle's past finally caught up him.  And since the dragons were friends of his, it caught up to them first...

Note:  The following images are not for little guys.  This post is rated Mature for Adult Content and Violence.

The sad, sad fate of the Dragon Family:
And even Baby Pickle couldn't escape his fate:
But don't worry, my friends, these crimes did not go unpunished!  The murderer was caught and apprehended! He is now in the Play-Doh Case awaiting trial for his crimes:


Photobucket


4 comments:

Ana said...

I'm impressed at how carefully your kids keep the colors separate. I have to swallow my own anal tendencies when my boys have at the play doh because they are constantly mixing colors.

P.S. Your blog no longer shows up in my blog reader. Is this a new setting your using?

Otter Thomas said...

I love the creativity. And of course you are awesome for going outside. Boys love being outiside.

Maranda said...

LMAO!!! Awesome!

Meagan Frank said...

I loved the pea characters sitting by the couch! So imaginative..and the potty! That's great.