Tuesday, June 1, 2010

120 Mile Summer Fitness Challenge Kick Off!!!

Photobucket

Woo Hoo!!!  The day has finally come to dust off those running shoes, break out the workout clothes, and get out and work it!

I can't tell you how excited I am to do this!  And the response I had from you, my readers, family, and friends has been amazing!  Do you know we are just short of 50 challengers!!!  Yay!!!  That means there are 50 of us out to make our lives a little more exciting, more invigorating, and best of all, healthier.  It's my hope that all 50 of us will make it to the end and become inspirations for many others who need a little nudge in the right direction,  I mean, come on, who doesn't want to inspire others?!

I wish I could give a prize for the kick off today, but since I have prizes along the way, and short a few sponsors that I would have liked to have, we'll just settle for a great big virtual pat on the back!  (I know, not as cool as a real prize, but it will have to do) -- but no worries, great stuff to come!!!

Now, because I am super nice (most of the time... well, maybe not even that, but sometimes) I am going to extend the sign up for a couple more days.  I really want to hit 50 challengers, and we are short a few bodies.  Not only is it a nice even, round, number (it's the Monk in me), but it would be great to tell sponsors and potential sponsors that it's worth the sponsorship because there are 50 of us!  Right?  Anyway, so spread the word!

On another note...

I don't want to spoil the kick of today with other news, but I just wouldn't be a good mommy if I didn't say:

Happy Birthday, Nephi!!!!



That's right, today my baby is 3!!  Growing up way too fast if you ask me!  But... he'll always be my baby!



Photobucket

2 comments:

Catherine Anne said...

SO Sweet:)

Shan B. said...

I'm so excited!!! I wish I could include my 5k that I didn on Monday but that wouldn't be fair. I do have to say that I'm pretty proud of myself. I jogged the whole 1st mile & my offical chip time was 41:08...2 mins faster than last year's 5k on Memorial Day. Yay!!! I'm going to tell my facebook friends!!