Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Who Where You 15 or 20 Years Ago?

Yesterday, when I ventured out for shoes with the boys (see previous post for said adventure), one of our stops was Shopko to stock up on storage bins (they were half off) for spring cleaning. We were walking past the clothes when my eyes feel upon some pants in the teen section and it was love at first sight!

I dashed on over to see if they had my size. They did! Woot Woot! I dragged the boys into the fitting rooms and tried them on. I have to say, I looked pretty darn snazzy in camo cargo pants. Oh, yeah! AND the best part... they were on clearance! Can I say deal!?

It wasn't until I got home and put them on that it hit me. I would have totally LOVED these pants in high school! Then, what was I thinking?! I am almost 30 years old, and here I am still buying clothes that I would have worn 12 years ago! Am I going through a midlife crisis early? Maybe my weight loss has clouded my thinking? Or perhaps I am just plan insane.

I looked at myself in the mirror again.

Nah, I was still pretty cool! ... and just crazy enough to pull the look off.

I think most of us still cling a little to the styles of the past, I mean, they were a huge part of our lives just like they are now. However, there more times than not when we see an old picture and say: "What the heck was I thinking!!" and then sometimes we shake our heads with disgust when we see some of those old styles coming back looking just as bad as they did then!

So my question to you: Who were you in the 90's, 80's or even the 70's? It can't be any worse than me! I was one of those girls with the multicolored hair, riding a skateboard and sporting huge jeans and tie-dyed shirts! Oh, the good old days... please just stay the good old days...

Me in the 80's:  Love the permy mini mullet look!  And seriously, who didn't wear the buffy bangs??

Junior year in high school: 1997... I was so cool...

You know, I still can't believe Ben and I didn't hook it up in high school?  Oh, never mind... I remember why...

Ben in the 90's:  Sorry, just couldn't resist... 

Now, I thought of posting some real goodies of my parents in the 70's, but I decided that I really like having them talk to me to these days.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Shan B. said...

I know what you mean. There are certain stores that I think I'm too old for now but still go into just to see if maybe I could still pull it off. Mixing & matching is great!! I have some bad pics of me from jr. high...oh the horror.

Jill said...

The permy, big bangs style was quite the style back then. Ugh. Have way too many pictures of that stage, too! Some of my favorite pics include the washed look on the pants and then pegged at the ankles. Or those dresses with the big bib like thing on the chest with lace around it. Wow! How did we survive those times.