Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning!... Oh, Wait, Never Mind, it's Raining.

Is anyone else dying to see the sun come out or is it just me?  AND STAY out?

We have had cloudy skies for weeks now, with an occasional moment of sunniness here and there... but mostly cloudy. Yesterday, was mostly beautiful and warm, but the clouds came and went and we still got a little rain.

Isn't it amazing how much the weather toys with our emotional state. No shining sun can really depress me. I need my natural vitamin D, blast it!! The boys and I have been hovering around the windows looking for a good time to head out and play. The more often I get them out on their bikes, the better life is for me... bedtime is that much sweeter when little bodies are tired and go right to sleep.

So is my reason for not posting yesterday, SUN... there was SUN and off we went.  I didn't hear my computer calling me to the house, not once.  Mostly, because the voice of the dishes is so much louder... which I did get done, in case you are worried.

I was totally pumped to get out again today!  Then I peeked out the window.  No sun.  Just a bunch of unfriendly clouds.  So, so sad.

Am I the only one who lets the weather dictate my feelings of the day?

4 comments:

Sara Richins said...

Oh, the difference between Pacific Northwesterns and the rest of the world, if it's not raining, we still go outside and play! And even if it's a drizzle or the popular mist rain, we still go outside! You don't need sun to go out side and play, just warm weather and no wind! LOL!!

Lori said...

I must agree that the weather toys with my emotions as well. If it is not sunny, I am a little grouchy plus out ballgames have been canceled recently due to the rain, so that really makes me grouchy. Congratulations on your weight loss. You look great!!

Audrey Carlson said...

The rain makes me want to curl up on my couch with a blanket, watch movies and eat food...whatever I can get my hands on.

DaveandRuth said...

I LOVE the rain!!!!