Thursday, May 6, 2010
I Guess I am Just Not that Serious...
I can't believe how much has changed in life this year now that I look back. I started out as an extremely overweight (I hate the word "obese") stay-at-home mom of 2 boys and wife to a college student. And here I am almost 90 pounds lighter and 7 sizes smaller, still a stay-at-home home but wife of not only a college student, but a soldier. Nine of those months, I played single mom. I struggled raising my boys on my own and staying positive for my man, only to come out on top! And the best part about it, is that I still managed to keep my head up, smile on my face, and continued to laugh. It all worked out in the end.
I sit here in May, watching the snow fall outside my window, and ponder about why I do this and why I started, and most of all what did I learn from this experience?
1. There is always, ALWAYS a brighter side. You just have to find it.
2. Even though there are a 100 people who don't know if you are kidding or not, or whether you're being sarcastic or really feel that way, there are a 100 more who are laughing their butts off.
3. You can do ANYTHING if you are determined!
4. I blog for me and my family. Friends are just a major bonus!
5. I can be anyone I want to be on the internet... but being myself is the best!
6. "Followers" will come and go, but "Friends" last a whole lot longer!
7. You can't please everyone, and you won't always agree, but doesn't that make life so much more spicier? I don't think there is anything worse then trying to talk to someone who agrees with every single word you say and has nothing to bring to the conversation.
8. I learned that I am not perfect, nor do I pretend to be, and that's what makes me such a character. I mean, who wants to read the blog of a perfect mom who does everything right, has the perfect marriage and the perfect life? Not me! Those blogs scare me...
Now, I know I don't have a huge readership. I don't go out and pick up followers like trading cards, I just don't have the time. I ALWAYS check links that people leave me on my comments though. I feel it's important to support my friends. I don't always leave comments, mostly because I don't know what to say, or I get distracted. I don't go to blogging parties or conventions or scratch other's backs if you know what I mean. Maybe, I am just not a serious blogger? What is the definition of one anyway? And I just can't bring myself to "try harder" -- whatever that entails, I have no clue.
I'm not a famous writer or big time product review and giveaway girl. I don't have super powers (although I am very open to flying) and most of the time I am screwing something up! I am just me. Wife and Mom first. Caretaker of the Nutshell. Controller of sanity. Keeper of peace, justice, and even mercy... but just a little. And I am completely and utterly Nuts... but you wouldn't have me any other way, right?