For a weeks now, I have been really thinking hard about where I want to go with "4 Nuts in a Nutshell". I have been feeling for a while that things have gotten, "normal", heaven forbid! A silly mama like me just doesn't do "normal." "Fat Butt Friday" seems to be winding down now that I am almost to my goal, and now that Ben's home, I don't have too many adventures of a semi-single mom to write about. Sammy is talking "all right" now, so not much news about miscommunication problems.
I have been feeling ho-hum.
I HATE feeling ho-hum.
Then I started thinking about all the positive response I have received over the last year about "Fat Butt Friday". Not a huge amount from the blogging world, I don't even know if many people joined me or not, and I am sure that no one stuck with me to loss the weight... that I know of. But I do know, that I have lots of readers out there that hung on with me through the journey. That read my updates every Friday, and gave me lots of cheer and encouragement through the whole thing, by comments, emails, and even face to face. I can't tell you how much it has meant to me, and how much you all helped me to keep going!
I remembered all this, and I had an epiphany.
I wanted to do something new for the summer. Something that everyone can join me in. So here I am, proud to announce:
I wanted to do a fitness challenge that just about anyone could do this summer. I want to motivate you, my dear friends, to get of that computer this summer, and get out and get fit! I can't tell you how many emails I get from readers who love "Fat Butt Friday" and would love to change their lives, but they just don't know where to start and can't seem to get the motivation to do something. So here I am, throwing you the proverbial carrot.
Here's how it's going to work:
This is a challenge to WALK or RUN 120 miles total in the 3 months of summer. After much thought, I even decided that I would count ELLIPTICAL miles as well (as long as you work it over a level 5). Biking is great exercise, but easy miles, so it doesn't count. Just walking, running, or elliptical. Now for you fitness buffs, this is a breeze... so you can do it, easy. And for those of you who are beginners, this is great way to start that won't kill you. See, everyone wins!
It may seem like a lot of miles. BUT if you do the math is it VERY possible. For example: If you make it a goal to work out 6 days a week, you only have to do 1.5 miles a day. OR if you are going for the 5 days a week work out plan, you only have to do 1.8 miles a day. So if you do 5 days a week and stretch it to 2 miles a day, you will finish early!
This is a very workable goal, folks.
Now, some of you may be pumped already to join my team. Others may be thinking, "Why would I want to peal myself out of my perfectly formed computer chair and work out?" Okay, maybe, just maybe, I am exaggerating a bit... But you know what I mean! Anyway, here are some of the benefits to joining my challenge.
1. Develop good workout habits. You can't just work out faithfully for 3 months and not get something good out of that!
2. Have the satisfaction of making and doing a great goal!
3. For those of you who like more tangible rewards, I will be advertising for sponsors, and I think I may get a few, so those who really do the challenge will get some prizes! We ALL love prizes, just admit it!
4. For those of you who sign up to do the challenge, you will get your choice of cool challenge buttons for your blog, if you have one, a downloadable workout chart designed by yours truly, and lots of exposure on "4 Nuts in a Nutshell". I will be doing updates and features on Friday about how our challengers are doing and a little bit about them and their goals.
I am super thrilled to do this, I LOVE it when a group of people get together to met a common goal! No one will be competing against one another, just ourselves. So, as interesting as it may be, there will be no "Biggest Loser" showdown here.
How to join in the 120 mile challenge:
All you have to do is email me at nutsinanutshell(at)gmail(dot)com and tell me:
1. Your name.
2. The name you want me to use when displaying your updates. (example: My name is Cat but I want my updates to say "Mama Nut")
3. Your email and your website/blog link if you have one.
That's it! I will email you the information after that.
1. ANYONE can join! Men, women, kids, teens, grandparents. It doesn't matter, if you wanna participate you can!
2. You DON'T have to have a blog to join. You don't even have to know how to comment on here, just able to send me an email with your updates.
3. Please be honest. We are going on the honor system here, so please in all fairness, only report miles you actually walked/ran.
4. You have until June 1st to sign up.
I think that about covers it!! Can't wait to hear from all of you who want to do this with me!!
PS-- Please spread the word, let's get as many people out and about this summer as we can! Here is button to announce this if you want to post it in a post or something: