Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mama Nut: Out of Order

Last Tuesday night, I started to get the body ache. You know the one. It starts at your toes and crawls up your legs until it ends in a glorious head ache. You instantly know that by the morning you are going to be reunited with the tissue box, once again, and find yourself digging in the medicine cabinet for some relief... any relief!

This time it was a little different for me. All I got was an achy body and a fever (102.8) that stayed with me all through the weekend. Then I woke up Monday morning with a cough and runny nose. Those I can handle. But this blasted fever is going to be the end of me! Mostly because it makes me lazy. Just sucks the energy right out of my belly button! And not to mention several nights of Hades... back and forth with the North Pole, anyway. First, I'm cold... REALLY cold! Then I am hot! So hot that I drench the sheets with sweat! Ben has to go sleep on the couch. He told me I was just too hot, and clingy when I was cold. But don't be too hard on him, he has been quite the sport and found if we use different blankets at night, it works much better.

I have tried a lot of stuff. Trust me. And I think what works the best is just alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen -- keeps the fever down, and the body aches in control, but I wish it would just end! I am even having a hard time typing this because it is giving me a head ache! So if you don't see me on for a few days, know that I just trying to ride this out and cut me some slack! I know you will...

Have a great day!


7 comments:

The Mom said...

Hang in there and get lots of sleep. Hope you feel better soon!

Tobi said...

Being sick stinks! Feel better quickly!

Cynthia said...

Sorry you're sick. Take care of yourself and don't let it ruin your exercise habit. Being sick for awhile seems to do that to me. Take the time off then get back at it.

Shan B. said...

Hope you feel better soon!!
P.S. My husband & I always sleep with different blankets because he is always hot & I'm always cold.

DaveandRuth said...

I hope you feel better.

Jill said...

No fun being sick. I am serious about the watching for pneumonia. Those are the exact symptoms my hubby had. High fever and all. Hope you get feeling better soon.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, so sorry you're sick!!!!! Get better girl!